Chapter 17

Rosalynn Marie Amberly

The day of the Brits. This was a big day, and unfortunately, I hadn't yet told Harry how I felt about Louis and how he had felt about me. This wasn’t good. I didn't want to ruin this special day for him but Louis didn't want me to tell him a day later. He claims that this was a big day for him too, and he needed me by his side, not by Harry's.

"Have you told yet?" Louis pestered. I sighed and shook my head. Louis just kept silent, as his head went limp and his gaze fell towards his phone. 

"I'm sorry, okay?" I said for maybe the hundredth time that week. 

"It's not about me being angry or apologizing!" Louis suddenly exploded. I stayed silent, I wasn't offended because I knew this was coming. "I just want Harry to know that you're mine! He's my best mate; I don't want to hurt him this way. The longer we put this off, the more damage it'll cause in the end!"

"What about you and Eleanor?" I retorted. That shut him up. "Have you two broken it off yet?" 

"I asked you first!" 

"You asked me if I asked Harry yet and I answered no. What about you and Eleanor?" I asked. I was genuinely curious at this point. 

"No, I haven't broken it off yet," Louis responded quietly. 

"Well Lou..," I trailed off. 

"I'll do it right now. Come one," Louis ordered, pulling me up and out of the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked him. 

"Eleanor's."

                                                                                 ***

We arrive at Eleanor's, going straight in because Louis had a key to her place. It was quiet, with muffled sounds coming from her room. It was quite unusual to both of us, Louis even looked a little puzzled. We both stood outside of Eleanor's bedroom, listening to the noises. We couldn't make out all of the words, but we did hear a lot of giggling. 

"What's going on in there, by herself?" I whispered to Louis.

He just shrugged before turning the knob on the door. It turned silent in there almost immediately. I could feel the tension seeping from under the door. We both burst in to see Eleanor cuddled under some guy's arms. She let out a shriek just as Louis entered as both her and the unknown male flew up. 

"Louis!" She wailed. "You didn't call!"

"I never had to?" Louis said, and standing slightly beside him, I could literally sense the smirk trying to come onto his face. "So who's this? Your boyfriend?" Eleanor's eyes widened and she shook her head. 

"No, of course not! You're my boyfriend and I'm your girlfriend!" She wasn't very good at lying and the man was starting to get uncomfortable. 

"No, you're wrong. Rose is my girlfriend," He said pulling me forward and under his arms. I found it remarkable that the women he had thought he loved for such a long time was cheating on him and he didn't put forward an ounce of pain. "And...Sorry, what's your name bro?" Louis asked the man.

"Leo," 

"And Leo is your boyfriend. All clear now?" Louis asked sarcastically. 

"Seriously?" Eleanor clarified. "You're okay with this? Me cheating on you, Leo and me?" Louis simply shrugged.

"I wouldn't be under normal circumstances. But I can't help how I feel towards Rose," Louis replied, giving me a peck on my forehead. I couldn't help the smile that crept itself on my face. 

"What about Harry?" Eleanor asked. I looked up at Louis in fear and Louis looked down at me, emotionless.

"That's what we have to figure out. And by tonight too, because of the Brit awards," I said.

Both Louis and turned towards Eleanor who was happily under Leo's protective hold. It was actually cute; the way Leo held her so lovingly in such a simple gesture and Eleanor clung onto him with the same amount of passion. They weren't too shabby together, if I do say so myself. 

"I may have some ideas," Eleanor winked. Leo shook his head. 

"No, they aren't gonna have some messenger fly over to him on a silver tied to a golden apple. Just break the news to him, it'll be a bit hard but he'll get over it," Leo advised. 

"I wasn't going to say that," Eleanor protested but both Louis and Leo ignored her while I shot her a sympathetic smile. I knew that bitchy personality was just an act; she wasn't too bad as a person.

“Thanks bro, much appreciated,” Louis said, extending his fist. Leo bumped it wholeheartedly as Louis and I took our leave. We walked to his car, both of us deep in thought.

“Lou?” I whispered once we were completely on the road, the air still from silence.

“Hm?” He responded with a slight acknowledgement and a glance towards me.

“Where are we going?”

“To Harry’s,”

“What if Harry doesn’t take it well? What if he lashes out?” I fretted.

I had concerns painted sloppily on the walls of my brain, it made me quite uneasy. Louis smiled slightly before taking one hand off the steering wheel to grasp mine. Louis and I had been official for almost a week and a half but his touch still gave me tingles. It made me happy, and helped calm my mind.

“No matter what, I’ll love you and you love me. Harry’s opinion isn’t going to change that, no one’s opinion will change that,” Louis promised, speaking softly and sweetly to assure me.

I nodded before leaning over to his seat, where he had hardly taken his eyes off of the road besides a few glances at me, to give him a lingering kiss on his cheek, where slight stubble has started to form. It was weird but I liked the prickly feeling under my lips.

“I love you so much babe,” I whispered in his ear, lightly trailing my fingertips over his cheek. Louis’ arms dotted themselves with goose bumps as I sat myself back properly on the seat, smile because of satisfaction. But Louis didn’t let go of my hand.

He only let go when we arrived at Harry’s house and we both had to get out of the car. We both reconnected ourselves but hid the link behind our back when Harry opened the door. Nervousness and fear coated my insides.

“Hey,” Harry said, making way for both of us. We dropped our hands as we walked inside.

“Harry,” I whispered as he shut the door.

He looked at me, his eyes the greenest they’ve been in a while. I knew he was excited for tonight, I knew he was in a good mood. I didn’t want to ruin it. But I loved Louis too much to see him get hurt by the gestures between Harry and me.

“We have to talk.”