Chapter 11

Eleanor JaneCalder

I fell down on Leo's couch, a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks in hand. Leo was upstairs, handling some “business”. I know what he meant but I wasn’t going to think any farther than that. I picked up the remote and turned on the telly. I probably had a bored expression on my face, reflecting how I felt on the inside. It was all the same, old thing.

“Hey Suzie!”

“You have five seconds to drop the gun.”

“I said stop!”

“Louis Tomlinson…”

Now that caught my attention. I sat up slightly, eyes glued to the screen. Maybe it was their review by critics or an unhappy comment towards their fan-base. Either way, I wanted know. And E! News had the answers to my curiosity.

“Louis Tomlinson from the world-famous band, One Direction, looked depressed and unhappy this past week. How we know? The paps keep us updated, that’s for sure. Seeing the hottie’s state, we decided to…investigate,” A woman with black hair styled in a pixie and cut wearing a pencil skirt said. I gripped the remote. I already knew but they had thoughts and if E! thought them, the world did too apparently.

“So why is Louis all sad? You probably already know this but his childhood friend is stuck at the hospital, at the moment and they were rumored to be very close. No, no, not like that, but close. Anyways, he got ONE WHOLE WEEK off for that. And our thoughts?” I sighed. It wasn’t going to be good. They put a lot of emphasize on ‘one whole week’ and not the good kind.

“One week is a very long time in the music industry, ladies and gentleman. You can do many concerts and signings, not to mention interviews. I heard that they finally had their first interview today, Clark,” The pixie-cut girl said, unimpressed.

“C’mon Barbara!” The man beside her said. He had large black glasses, probably only for show, and a sweater on. “He was very close. I think it’s rational to be upset.”

“But one week? Isn’t that a much?” She retaliated.

“Maybe a little but I understand where the boy’s coming from and in all honesty, he isn’t wrong for trying to stay by her side. I heard that Tomlinson is blaming himself, we’re just adding to that,” Clark defended. Barbara mustered out a forced smile and turned towards the camera. He obviously wasn’t supposed to disagree.

“What are your thoughts on Louis’ actions? Make sure to tell us!” She said before it the screen dimmed the slightest bit and went to commercial.

I leaned back. I might’ve not felt strong feelings towards Louis but during the time I had spent with him, I had grown fond over his kindness. Louis definitely didn’t deserve all the hate he received because people’s point of view for him was altered. He really was a sweet guy and I didn’t want to hurt him but I had a role to live up to.

“Hey babe, what are you watching?” A voice said. I looked up to see Leo’s masculine figure shadowing me. I sighed.