Chapter 2

Rosalynn Marie Amberley

My eyes fluttered open as I sighed happily. Today was a good day. The birds were chirping, it was sunny, and Louis promised today would be about us. I absolutely could not wait. Jumping out of bed, I did all my morning such as taking a shower, walking my dog, cleaning the house and so on. I had done it rather quickly because of all my energy and hype I had because of Louis. Soon enough, my doorbell was chiming and I was squealing.

I ran over to open it as my dog, Max, ran over to the door, lightly scratching the door. I opened the door as Louis’ smiling face appeared behind it. I instantly jumped into his arms, burying my face in the nook of face. He instantly wrapped his arms around my waist as we both enjoyed the embrace. I pulled away, my eyes twinkling and a smile etched deeply into my face.

“I’m so excited!” I gushed as Louis grinned widely.

“So’m I,” Louis agreed. I looked past Louis’ shoulder as my smile faltered. There was Eleanor, scowling once again. I sighed, gently moving away from him. Louis frowned too. “Is there something wrong Rosie?”

“Uh, no. Nothing’s wrong,” I lied, pasting a fake smile on my face. I knew that girl was going to get me down some way or somehow.

“Great! Let’s get going than! You don’t mind if we bring El and Haz along, right?” Louis asked. I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Haz?” I asked. “Who’s Haz?”

“Oh, that’s the nickname the boys and I came up with for Harry. Do you mind if he comes along?” Louis asked once again, letting out a small laugh this time. I shook my head, trying to keep the smile painted on my face.

“No. Not at all,” I lied once again. I thought today was going to just about us. But no, it’s never just about me anymore.

---

I trailed near the back, Harry by my side. I had hardly spoken ten words this whole trip. We had just gotten off at Thorpe Park as Louis knew this was my favorite amusement park but it just wasn’t as fun today. Harry was silent as well, glancing around the park from time to time. From what I had gathered, he wasn’t a boy of many words.

“Lou!” Eleanor squealed, making me roll my eyes. “You’re too funny!”

“Not as funny as you are beautiful,” Louis complimented.

Eleanor kissed Louis on the cheek. I made a silent gagging gesture. Just…ew. I heard a slight laugh come from beside me as I looked at Harry. He grinned at me and I found myself smiling back. He was cute, in his own way. With the dimples and mop of curly hair, it could make girls woo over him. But his eyes were my favorite part. They were always twinkling, even brighter than Lou’s. It was…what am I thinking? I cannot like him.

“What’s going on back there?” Louis asked as him and Eleanor turned back to look at us, Eleanor’s irritated look at me making me want to prolong this conversation with Lou a little longer. It was funny to see her mad.

“Oh, nothing…,” Both Harry and I trailed off in unison. We looked at each, grinning once more.

“Well, alright than,” Eleanor snapped as Louis took on a quizzical look on his face. “Let’s split up. I call Louis!”

“No El,” Louis said, firmly. “I promised that today was about Rose,”

“Well, you kind of already ruined that,” I muttered under my breath.

“What?” Louis said as I shook my head, pasting yet another fake smile on my face.

“Nothing,” I assured. “You go on ahead with Eleanor, Lou. I’ll be alright with Harry.” Louis hesitated before nodding. Eleanor clung to his arm before they walked away, Louis turning back to glance at us. Harry and I put on a smile, waving bye as Eleanor tugged on him.

I turned over to Harry, pulling my white Ray-Bans to shield my eyes. Harry’s sunglasses were hanging off of his white v-neck as we looked at each other. It was silent for a while until Harry took my hand. I was a bit taken aback but I didn’t pull away. Instead, I just gave his a quizzical look.

“Let’s have a bit of fun, yeah?” Harry said, smirking. I grinned.

“I like the way you think, Styles,” I said as we strode down the sidewalk.

---

“I wanna ride Saw,” Harry said as we slowed down, looking at the huge rollercoaster’s, water rides, etc. I shook my head.

“No way, that thing is huge! And it looks so scary,” I confessed as Harry grinned. “Plus it’s named the world’s most terrifying ride.”

“It’s not like you’re gonna die or anything,” Harry said which made me even more convinced that I shouldn’t step anywhere near that death trap. “Plus, I’m here with you. I promise nothing will happen.” He lifted our linked hands, lifting them to his lips. And of course, I melted.

“F-Fine,” I gave in. Harry’s face lit up as we ran towards the line.

 It went faster than I though and before long, I found myself being strapped in. I was shaking in my seat as we waited for each seat to be filled. Adrenaline and fear coursed through my veins and I wanted to scream and laugh at the same time. Harry glanced my way before strapping. He sighed leaning close to me, pecking me lightly on the cheek. The small gesture made my heart pump a hundred times faster, even making a small smile appear on my face.

“You’ll be safe. I promise.” Harry whispered, his hot breath sending tingles down my spine. I nodded as Harry finished strapping himself in.

A few seconds later, the ride started moving. Shutting my eyes, I let out a piercing scream as the wind built up.

                                                                  ***

The name in the beginning of the paragaph is just to inform you who's P.O.V it is at. Just saying!

Oh and the reads and votes and comments mean so much! Thank you! ♥♥

-Farnaz∞