XXVIII

"We've arrived," the guard driving finally said. I had managed to calm myself down in the couple of minutes we had to get to our destination. My Ava was here somewhere, and I had to go get her before something bad happened.

I told one of the guards outside to call the cops whenever deemed necessary and he nodded saying that they had people on the lookout.

It made me realize that I could have easily just told Damian everything 3 years ago and it probably wouldn't have ended so badly.

But, I didn't want to forget the amount of connections that Kieran had. He was a dangerous man that had managed to escape the police in more than one occasion, and he still managed to kidnap my mother who I had made sure was protected.

I walked in by myself with the guards and Damian a couple of meters behind me. They made sure to be well hidden since we didn't know how many cameras Kieran had probably set up to watch us.

I had no idea where to go. I almost reached for my phone when I felt something strong hit my head and everything turned black.

***

"Valerie," I woke up to the worst voice imaginable. I grunted in annoyance before I looked at the source of all my problems. He laughed manically.

"I thought you promised not to bring anyone with you," he said sardonically.

My heart dropped. "I didn't," I denied, hoping that this was just a test. He couldn't have found them already.. could he?

"Oh really?" He switched on the lights and I could see some of the guards wounded and bound to chairs like me. I gasped.

"How-"

"Did you forget that I also have some really big men with me?" he chuckled. "Stupid little Valerie. Always forgetting her darn place." I could see just how much more and more irritated he was getting with me. I let my eyes roam around the room, looking for Damian's familiar face but I couldn't find him. I almost let out a sigh of relief.

"Where's Ava?" I asked. Kieran laughed gleefully. "Goodness, I thought you'd never ask! Bring her in!" He demanded at who I'm assuming is one of his men. His men were all dressed in all black and hiding their faces, as though to conceal their identity from me. The only person who didn't bother to do that is Kieran.

The door suddenly opened and she was pushed in. "Ava!" I tried moving to get her but I was tied very tightly to the chair.

Her eyes and mouth were covered but I could tell that it was her. She reacted to my voice so I knew she recognized me.

I gulped, "why?" I asked as I saw the bruises covering her body. She was clearly beaten up and wounded. I could feel so much more anger start to build up inside me. I despise him. I've always despised him. But the way he always gets to those I love makes the rage grow more and more. I wanted to kill him. I wanted to end his life completely. I wanted him to disappear forever. I really, really wanted to see him suffer.

He raised a brow in question. "Why what?"

"Why are you back in my life again? Wasn't last time enough?"

Mother. Damian. And now Ava was hurt because of me too.

He scoffed. "Are you seriously asking me that? You were supposed to stay away from here. You were supposed to suffer knowing the love of your life would never be yours again. I should've killed him when I had the chance but I thought it would be funnier to have the one you love hate you wholeheartedly."