XXII

"Go serve table 4. Maya is too busy," Mrs Cliffard said as she watched me carry the last tray of food to the desired table.

I sighed as I nodded. Maya is always too busy to do anything, apparently. I grabbed my notepad and pencil and quickly ran to table 4.

"Good evening, I will be your server for today. What would you like to order?" I basically recited as I stood in front of the table occupied by 2 young men. The blonde one of them looked at me and laughed.

"We already had our orders taken," he said.

I flushed in embarrassment before I nodded. "Alright, would you like to add something to your order?" I tried to play it off. What am I doing? I'm probably only looking more and more like a fool.

"Maybe your number and.. measurements," the blond one said as he took a grasp of my hand and planted a sloppy kiss on it. I couldn't hold my face back from contorting into disgust before I pulled my hand and furiously started rubbing off his spit on his clothes.

"I'm sorry but...no," I turned around to leave, but not before making sure to leave a glance at his friend. I don't know, these 2 men certainly look rich enough to turn this entire place down. Maybe my previous actions were not the smartest.

"That's kind of disrespectful," the blond guy sulked and I held back the urge to roll my eyes.

There goes my job.

I glanced at the dark haired friend, not sure whether he was going to be mad at me and willing to avenge his friend because of my supposed disrespect. I'm not sure what exactly I was supposed to be expecting but I was surprised to see him let out a throaty laugh before staring at me with an amused glint in his eyes. 

I stared in awe as I saw his dimples become ever so prominent and features soften into this sculpted beauty which I have never seen before. The man was undeniably handsome that I couldn't blame my coworkers for previously gawking at him.

"I'm about to swoon," I found my self sharing before I could hold myself back. I quickly put my palm over my mouth before strolling out of there. However, I didn't miss the two laughs coming from them.

Little did I know, I was about to start seeing them so much more and even end up marrying one of them.

____

"You can't be serious. Why is she here?" was the first thing I heard after I came back to earth from zoning out.

"It's a long story," Damian started but he glanced at me in a way which made me know that there was more to his sentence. It's a long story that I don't know yet.

Austin sighed as he ran his fingers through his blond curls. "Man, I don't know what to say. Congrats? Or maybe I should be advising you to get rid of her."

I almost let out a loud scoff at his words. Typical Austin. Never changed and I'm certain he never will change.

Damian sighed.

"That is not the point now. I thought your business trip was about to extend for another month."

"Me too!" Austin exclaimed. "I wasn't expecting dad to tell me to come back last time he called. I was waiting for the words, 'you might have to stay there for another month,' but the words never ended up coming! Can you believe it?"

Damian let out a lighthearted laugh, something I never thought I'd see coming from him ever again.

"Glad to have you back," he said which made Austin fist bump the air.

"If me going on 3-month business trips is all it takes for you to admit that you miss my presence, I'd be happy to go on a lifelong one soon."

Damian rolled his eyes at his friend. "Don't flatter yourself."

I watched their banter in amusement and couldn't help but think, just like old times.

Maybe a lot of things changed in my life and there's no doubt that a lot of things have changed in theirs too. However, their friendship survived it all and I can't help but feel happy that I didn't ruin that for them because somehow, I always end up ruining everything in my life and those surrounding it.