XX

The sun rays penetrated through my eyelids making me groan and raise my arm up to block out the sun. I could hear people whispering which made me force my eyes to open as panic ran through my veins.

Men in black suits.

Then, everything seemed to dawn upon me and I remembered last night's events. I wasn't caught!

I stood up, making them cautiously watch my every move before I sped out of there and tried to find an escape.

What was I thinking when I came here yesterday?

However, I was not fast enough and two of the men caught me within seconds.

"What's going on here?" asked a deep masculine voice. I fidgeted in my place as I tried to pull my arms away from the 2 men holding me.

"Sir, we found this...lady sleeping in one of the corners here. She tried to run away as soon as we saw her," said one of the men.

Damian's emerald green eyes suddenly met mine and made me freeze in my place.

"Why are you here?" he asked trying to maintain his cool.

"I-I.." I tried my best to let the words come out of my mouth but to no avail. I had no idea why I ended up here. Why was this the first place that came to mind?

He sighed, his patience clearly running out.

"Either you answer or I'm calling the cops for trespassing."

Rude.

"I came here to tell you everything you wanted to know," I finally settled on saying. I don't know what I was thinking. Why was this the first excuse that came to mind?

His face contorted to confusion for a second before it went back to being void of emotions.

"I thought there was no more to the story?"

"I lied. I don't think that's anything new though," I grumbled the last part.

It was then where he looked at my current state and realized how distorted I looked. My legs were swollen from all the running that I had done yesterday and my hair was disheveled in more ways than not.

"Are you okay?" at least he had the heart to wonder about my wellbeing. No, I was not okay. I wanted to scream at him and ask him what my state clearly shows but I held back my tongue. He didn't have anything to do with this so why would I be mad at him?

I nodded.

"I'm fine. We need to talk."

He did nothing but stare at me for the first few seconds before he gave in.

"We do," he said as he strode off and I wasted no time in following after him.