03 - antithetical

Not only the hybrids were created by the deities hundreds of years ago

Not only the hybrids were created by the deities hundreds of years ago. They took some of their creations' essence and mixed them altogether to create a different kind of entity. Be it from the stars, moons, planets, suns, lands, water, plants, rocks, or the creatures themselves.

And one of them was Vien's.

A shadow of a human figure except it has no legs and was hovering over the grounds and could levitate wherever it wants. The entity was made out of dead stars and it was combined with Quoran's clouds—an entity born from a galaxy only to be casted and trapped unto the lands of the realm. The entity walked among Quoran's earth for hundreds of years, watched the evolution of the species and nature itself throughout its existence. Its deepest connection was the earth itself. The hand would be placed flat on the soil, feeling its heartbeat and would spoke to it in different languages that it was easily understood. And the entity would looked up at the sky, observing the clouds transitioning into stars. It would wonder what was the purpose of its living.

And it finally came 85 years ago.

Shards of the blade scattered all over Vien the moment it landed over to his neck. The people around him gasped; surprised to witness such a miracle that they haven't seen for years. The chief was called when it was immediately reported. He ordered to have Vien back to his hut.

"How did you do that?" he asked. He would wonder if Vien was an elemental of rocks that made it possible. However, he was clearly seen that he remained human all throughout the event.

"Bring him to the table." The chief ordered in a cold manner as he got up from his seat. Vien couldn't figure out what the chief was exactly thinking at the moment. Even the men was surprised that he ordered to bring Vien at the dining table where dinner was served.

Vien was guided towards the mentioned object. Even if he was an entity who would never get hungry, his human vessel, however, was in need of it. Which caused the rumbling sounds in his stomach, indicating of his hunger.

"What are you waiting for? Go eat." The chief gestured with his flat hand pointing towards the food served on the table. Vien no longer asked. He immediately grabbed the grilled pig and ate it like any other hungry men. The dirt on his hands and mouth would no longer bother the chief anymore and he let him get whatever food his hands could grab on.

"I haven't introduced myself yet." Vien was still indulging with the food even if the latter was speaking. "I'm Ecbert," the chief said and Vien's gaze finally shifted to his while he was still chewing on the food. "I've been a chief here for 10 years."

Vien's attention returned to the food, continuously consuming it. No thoughts would linger in his mind at the moment. But he was curious of the latter's intentions at this point.

"Are you a god?" The question suddenly came out of the blue and yet, Ecbert asked it in a casual manner. "Or one of the deities. You must be here for a reason."