04 - intuitive

83 Years Ago

Ever since Vien's survivability from the guillotine, the community began seeing and treating him as one of the deities who created Quoran. Conspiracies circulated all across the realm after some of the human dwellers left the community and spread the word from one community to another. The theories about the origins of Quoran that were created by their ancestors were proven due to Vien's presence in their lives.

2 years have passed and it was not just Vien's immunity from death that were discovered by the human dwellers. His ability to quickly grasp their language were seen notable, as well as their culture and traditions. Vien also aided the scavengers that were being sent to the undiscovered lands of the realm. He became Ecbert's advisor due to his knowledge when it comes to the other inhabitants and their culture that their community excelled among their competitors. The entity was Ecbert's main source of information that his enemies became suspicious of his sudden success. He was also a privileged man who was being treated good and with respect that Vien grew on them, even if some of their traditions were against to his original belief when it comes to Quoran's nature.

The time came when the chief encouraged Vien to finally own a person of his own. It was one of the things that the entity would never see himself to cooperate with. But he would make his attempt nevertheless. Is it because they feel the power that they will never get to have? He would wonder. He have observed these men how they would treat their captives in a merciless manner. Most of then were done non-consensually, some ended up traumatized and were tortured and most of them faced the fate of death.

"Where are they coming from?" Vien asked Ecbert as they leisurely walked passed them. They were lined up while their wrists and ankles were chained that would prevent them from escaping and leaving the community. Most of them were covered with blood and dirt due to the mistreatment acts of Ecbert's men.

"Most of them are from the villages that we attacked and invaded. Survivors and civilians alike." Vien scanned each of their faces not because he was asked to choose one but to simply observe how they were reacting in the situation at the moment. He would caught some of them were glaring at him and the chief while he could sense the oozing fear from some of them.

A tall, slim woman with a long hair that has the same color of the autumn leaves immediately caught his attention. Her set of white irises were met with his as if they were speaking to him. Ecbert was quick to notice how Vien's gaze lingered on her. And a smile became visible within his beard.

"I see you have found yourself a slave," he said with congratulatory pats placed on his back.

Vien wasn't sure how to react to this particular individual especially when a sly smile stretched on her lips that Ecbert missed to see.

It was not long when the chains attached to her was being handed over to him. "You can do whatever you want with her," he said with a smirk that indicating of his support to him. "She's beautiful." Then he was left alone.

Even if he had ideas of what these men were doing to these captives, Vien didn't have a clue what he would do to a slave. He brought her to his own hut that was provided by Ecbert and left her alone in his bedroom. Should I give her food? Give her new clothes?

Two days have passed and he still haven't done nothing to her. While it was odd to him that the woman was still in his bedroom sitting at the edge of his bed, doing nothing at all. And everytime he would visit her, he would ended up being speechless and she would only follow his figure going in and out of the room.

"So Vien, how is she?" Ecbert asked once he approached him in the middle of their dinner party.

Vien didn't know what to answer. So he would only lie at this point. "She's good. Worth to own." The answer was vague but Ecbert assumed a different meaning to it.