Sattena Nenaindhadhu Nenjam: 4

This chapter is a continuation of the previous work Sattena Nenaindhadhu Nenjam: 3.

Apologies for not posting this yesterday like I had promised.

As always, there's a note at the end of the chapter .

———————————————————————

Sattena Nenaindhadhu Nenjam: 4

"Ei Sivaangi, adiye, unnaththaan", she heard her mother call her breaking her line of thought. "Enna?" she looked at her mother agitated. "Pch, poi varaverpula nillu, gaali ah iruku nu periamma thittraanga paaru" her mother replied. Reluctantly Sivaangi got up from the chair she was comfortably seated in and walked to the front.

Sivaangi had been moping around since she came home on Sunday and couldn't wait for the weekend to arrive so that she could go back to Madurai. And then just one more week and he'd be back. But, alas. It was still Wednesday and she still had 3 more days of suffering before she could start back to hostel.

She was busy plucking the petals off the pink Indian roses placed on a plate with an annoyed look watching her anni, Indu sprinkle the rose water on the guests who walked into the wedding hall.

"Enna aachu?", when her anni asked her, she shrugged focusing on tearing down the flowers in the plate. "Sollu? Moonu naalaa aale oru maadhiri iruka?" Indu pressed. "Onnum Illa anni, vidunga" she replied. Thankfully someone stopped by to talk to them distracting Indu from questioning her any further.

Sivaangi's peace was short lived when the female relative directed her questions at her "Sukanya kum kalyanam aaga pogudhu. Aduthu Nee dhaan. Samaika laam ozhunga kathukittiya ippo? Illa innum munna maadhri dhaan ah?". Fuming inside, yet throwing a faux smile on her lips, she replied "illa athai, kalyanam laam Ippo illa. naan mela padika poren" shocking both her anni and the relative in front of them.

"BSc mudika pore nu unga amma sonnaale? Innum Enna padikanum? Idhuve thevai illaama Madurai ku poi padikra? Vayasaagudhula, kaalaa kaalathula kalyanam panna venaama? Unga amma kum kadaima irukaa iliiya? Un prasavam paakanum, un" the relative continued her speech which irked Sivaangi. Before she could get her word in, her anni held her hand firmly, squeezed it from trying to stop her from making things worse and stepped in "ayyo chithi, Ava Chumma velayadura unga kitta. Neenga ulla ponga, Ippo poi tiffin saaptaa dhaan, muhurthathu kulla vara mudiyum. Poi saapdunga. Aduthu Iva dhaan, sandhoshamaa ponga".

When they were left alone, Indu irritatedly asked Sivaangi "paithiyama de unaku? Avanga kitta poi mela padikanum nu solra. Veetla therinja enna pannuva?". "Pch anni, epdiyum oru naal solli dhaan aaganum. Inniku therinja enna, rendu maasam apram therinja enna?" , she asked back clearly angry.

Pulling her away from the varaverpu, Indu angrily asked back "aen unaku theriyaadha? Inniku solradhukum, rendu maasam Appram solradhukum iruka vidhyaasam?". When Sivaangi remained mum, Indu added "Pch, inniku therinjaa indha tuition lam niruthida kooda solluvaanga. BSc mudika mudiyaama poiduchunaa? Edhu venaa aagalaam. Ella neramum unaku saadhagaamaave nadakum nu assault ah suthaathaa. Enna aachu unaku? Nee ipdi laam nadakara aal illiye?". Sivaangi kept staring at the lone flower in hand that she had started plucking the petals off without responding to her anni. When Indu asked "Olunga padikiriya? Tuition poriya?", Sivaangi merely hmmed. "Enna aachu? Enna prachana nu sonaa dhaana theriyum? Ipdi aen moonu naala iruka?" Indu pressed to only get silence in response from Sivaangi.

Saying "Ekkedo kettu po, enakenna vandhuchu" Indu stormed off.

Sivaangi wondered what was it with her that she seemed to tick people off twice in the same week. Crumpling the flower in her hand and dropping in on the floor she walked to the dining hall.