Chapter Fifteen

Percy

After talking to Dumbledore, Percy made his way to the Great Hall to meet Malfoy and the others.

"I don't know, the whole thing feels odd" Chloe said as Percy sat at the table. Dumbledore requested that all students went to the Great Hall for an announcement. Students from different houses were coming in until all the seats were filled.

"I bet Potter will try to find out what killed Simon." Draco huffed in annoyance.

"He always has to be the Hero," Blaise added. Suddenly, Dumbledore stormed in through the doors.

"He looks quite mad doesn't he?" Chloe whispered. Dumbledore stood behind the podium and looked around the room.

"Today we acknowledge a terrible loss. Simon Yaxley was, as you know, exceptionally hard working, infinitely fair-minded, and most importantly, a fierce, fierce friend. Now the pain that we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds us that school, that safety is the most important thing. So with the help of the ministry we have made a new set of rules that will be implemented immediately."

A man in a suit came out, holding a paper in his hand. Dumbledore motioned him to the podium as he stepped down.

"Rule number one: No student should be out of their common rooms after nine. Rule number two: Under no circumstances will a student enter the forbidden forest.

Rule number three: Students will always walk in groups of two or more, if a student is alone, they will immediately report to Dumbledore's office.

Rule number four: All school activities including Quidditch matches will be canceled until further notice"

Whispers broke out on every table as the man stopped talking.

"What? Curfew is at eight?!" Chloe complained.

"They can't cancel Quidditch! If I don't make it to the finals I'm never going pro" Adrian said.

"Let's be real, you would never play in the world cup anyways."

"How dare you, I could play in the league"

Chloe rolled her eyes, "yeah right keep dreaming."

As their bickering went on, Percy zoned their voices out and looked to the Ravenclaw table, where Valerie was sitting. She was talking to some guy Percy didn't know, and by the way she was laughing she seemed to enjoy the conversation. He didn't know why, but something about it annoyed him.

"Hello? Earth calling to Percy?" Chloe said.

"What?" he said, turning his head.

"I asked you if you were going to the Pix tonight."

"No," he said. Percy stood up from his seat and left the great hall. He went to the only place he could be alone, the second floor girl's bathroom.

"John is just so... so...," Myrtle swooned.

"Who's John?" Percy asked, his voice startling Myrtle.

"Percy!" She giggled, "You scared me."

"You were talking to yourself again?" Myrtle nodded and wallowed across the room.

Percy walked up to the third sink and opened the chamber, he jumped to the corridor opening before the sink closed again.

For the past month he had been going to the chamber. It was the only place in the castle he could be alone. The chamber was huge, it was flanked with towering pillars entwined with carved wood, and a tall statue of Salazar Slytherin at the far end. When he wasn't in a good mood he would sit down on the floor and smoke. It's definitely not something he's proud about, but when the Weasley twins told him to try it he couldn't say no. Smoking calmed him down, and plus the twins did some kind of spell so that it didn't do any damage to his body. So overall, it wasn't that bad.