Three of a Kind

"Vacation?"

Charlie nodded eagerly, "Absolutely! I've already arranged everything. I convinced my dad to let us rent the cruise ship. I think it's important for all of us to get away and gain a fresh perspective on life."

"Are you serious?" Angel moaned, slouching on the couch with his legs crossed.

"And I'm booked with work every single day," I added, gesturing to myself.

Alastor, the radio demon, materialized between Angel and me, enveloping us both in a tight grip. "Good golly, aren't we all stressed from working too hard? We must indulge in some leisure time once in a while." As we wriggled out of his grasp, he effortlessly conjured a hovering document before us, bearing the signatures of both our bosses granting a two-day leave. "Fear not, my friends. I've handled the logistics. Simply unwind, embrace the moment, and join us on this fleeting respite from our mundane existence!"

Charlie claps her hands with excitement, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. "Exactly! It'll be so much fun, and we could all use a break from the hustle and bustle of our daily lives."

Angel rolls his eyes, but a faint smile tugs at the corner of his lips. "Fine, fine. But if I'm going, I'm gonna need some decent entertainment."

Alastor chuckles, his grin widening. "Oh, fear not, my dear Angel. I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve to keep us all entertained. It'll be nothing but smooth sailing, I assure you."

Smooth sailing indeed.

"Nice. It's really... how should I put it..." I gaze at the mega yacht docked at the harbor, feeling overwhelmed by its sheer size. It seems excessive for just nine people- including the Princess of Hell's bodyguards, Razzle and Dazzle, "...gigantic?"

"LET'S GO!" Niffty dashes down to the dock, her exuberant voice carrying across the harbor. "Oh my goodness, this is so exciting! I've never been on a yacht before! Does it have a jacuzzi?! Hurry up, everyone! I want to check!"

I sighed, readjusting the sarong around my waist before joining the others on board the yacht, dragging my own suitcase towards it.

"Don't squirm, Nuggs, your hat will fall off," Angel coddled his pet pig, fussing over the lace tied around its head. I'd never seen someone so enamored with such an animal. I'd always considered them mere livestock, but Angel's affection for Nuggs proved me wrong. The pig stared back at me, its gaze piercing through me. I found myself oddly drawn to the idea of holding such a cute creature in my arms. "Wanna pet him?"

I blinked, looking up at Angel, who sported a knowing smirk. "No, I- I was just curious why you brought your pig along."

"I can't just leave Nuggs behind. Who's gonna feed him for two days? Plus, he'll be the life of the party!"

"I suppose... you do have a point."

As soon as we stepped onto the yacht, a courteous attendant, likely employed by the Morningstar Family, greeted us. The interior was elegant, featuring a luxurious lobby, an outdoor pool, and, of course, fine dining. Collapsing onto the plush mattress in my room, I gazed up at the pristine white ceiling adorned with small diamond-shaped mirrors. Everything exuded the opulence of VIP living, and I reveled in it. How I wished for such opportunities when I was alive.

With just the nine of us-plus Nuggs-the options for activities were limited. Eventually, we settled on playful games and a barbecue. It wasn't the usual type involving gambling, but that suited me just fine. Even Vaggie seemed to be enjoying herself for once. It was around nine in the evening when I convinced Angel and Niffty to join me for Bingo. I'm not a huge fan of the game, but it was one of the few activities that Charlie permitted us to indulge in.