Royal Flush

As Charlie wraps up her fireworks display, the door to the hotel swings open. Despite her preoccupation, she immediately notices (Y/N) and Husk, both heavily splattered with blood. Concern overtakes her, and she rushes over, examining them for any signs of injury. "(Y/N)! Husk! Are you hurt? Were you stabbed? Where's the wound? Is this blood even yours?"

"Actually, it's more like the blood of a few hundred demons," I admit sheepishly, brushing my hands over my clothes. "But yeah, we're fine."

"Thank goodness," Charlie exclaims, enveloping us both in a tight embrace that leaves us gasping for air. "Barely anyone makes it through Extermination alive. I'm relieved you two are back."

"Wait... so does that mean I'm still part of this whole redemption gig?"

She releases us and squeezes my cheeks affectionately. "OF COURSE YOU ARE! You, Angel, and maybe Niffty and Husk, we're all in this together whether you like it or not. So don't you dare walk out on us again."

Someone grabs me from behind and clasps their twenty slender fingers on my shoulders and waist. "YOU'VE WORKED WITH VOX?!" Angel shrieks inches from my face.

A bead of sweat trickles down my forehead at the sudden interrogation. "Y-Yes..."

"Please tell me Valentino didn't do anything to ya. Was he there? Was he involved? What did those assholes want you to do?! If you think hanging around those pathetic bloodsucking shitholes would clear off any debts in life, then I can assure you, THEY WILL DO THE OPPOSITE!"

'Wait, why does he even know about that?' I stared at him blankly as he continued rambling words that I'm too tired to make sense of.

"-And then you start thinking it's better to be double dead than just dead, but other than that, I'm glad you're here in one piece. 'Cause if you're fine," both his upper hands squeeze my face, "I might as well fuck you until you're addicted to it, so you'll never think of dying that way again," he says with anger in his eyes. I can't understand whether he's just curious about the whole ordeal or worried about me, but what I do know is that he's relieved that all of us made it through this year, just like I am. I guess it wasn't just me who grew fond of everyone we've interacted with here on a daily basis.

"Hands off, nymphomaniac. She doesn't need a dick as dried out as yours," Husk intervenes between us and pulls me aside, looking as nonchalant as ever.

Angel puts his hands on his waist with a knowing smirk, "Oh? And I suppose you can give her the best of the best?"

He shrugs, "Ask her. She's the one moaning her lungs out when I do it," he throws a wink in my direction then walks away to the bar, leaving the both of us with mouths wide open.

"Since you're back here, we gotta set some strict ground rules," Vaggie pokes her finger into my back.

"Doll, you're stunning, but could you please not poke my wound? It's still fresh," I gesture to the patch on my shoulder blade that Husk had tended to earlier.

"Charming, isn't it? Your bravery will be remembered as a historic moment for the hotel. Who would have thought that you and Husker would return? The cleansing, as we all know, is one hundred percent effective at wiping out everyone left on the streets to die," Alastor tousles Husk's fur, earning a growl from the usually stoic demon, "Glad to have you back, my dear."

"I returned everything to the way it was, so no need to worry about that," added Niffty.

"Oh..." I was already anticipating Vaggie to incinerate all my belongings.

"Well, enough about that. I've found a good beef masala recipe that I've been wanting to practice for a while. Seems like this is a good occasion to try something new- what do they call it?- a new year's resolution!"