Straight

Why am I doing this again?

Why am I drowning myself to this point?

Oh well

It's just fun, I guess...

I wake up with my heart pounding in my chest, unwilling to confront the harsh reality of the situation. But after indulging in rum once again-somewhere out there in hell-and letting my feet lead me to the most unlikely of places near the hotel, I find myself on Husk's bed. I've been denying the tension between us for days, refusing to take the blame. Even he has been avoiding me, and usually, we'd pull each other out of our lazy routines for a game of poker or gin rummy in exchange for booze. I smack my forehead hard, jolting my brain awake. 'I just messed up, didn't I?'

As I survey the scattered clothes on the floor, it dawns on me that I initiated this mess. Now I'm just compounding the headache I'll have to deal with later. "What the hell am I doing?" I mutter to myself.

"I could ask you the same question," comes his voice from behind me.

I'm not ready to face him just yet. "Oh... you're up," I say awkwardly.

"I am now," he grumbles, sitting up on the other side of the bed. "What happened last night... it, uh, caught me off guard. Big time."

"Sorry about that. I was out of it," I apologize.

"Clearly," Husk remarks, kicking a bottle of booze at his feet before rising to head to the wardrobe. "You were drunk. It's best to just forget about it."

I nod, hastily gathering my clothes. "Let's pretend it never happened."

He stares at the towel he grabs from the rack, attempting to shake off the lingering echoes in his mind. "Yeah, I'm on board with that," he agrees. Husk tosses the towel at me. "Clean yourself up before leaving. You look like a mess."

I clutched the towel tightly as I made my way to the bathroom. Despite the clutter of bottles in his bedroom, Husk's bathroom was surprisingly clean. I stood under the water for what felt like an eternity, lost in my thoughts. The haze of alcohol didn't obscure my memory as much as I expected; stumbling around unconscious after drinking too much is just a myth.

Running my fingers over my neck, collarbone, and jaw, I winced at the painful bruises. Even if Husk was only half-awake when I stumbled into his room, he didn't hold back. He was relentless. What would it have been like if I hadn't been intoxicated? If I had been sober enough to plead with him to stop?

'WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?' I mentally screamed at myself, punching the shower wall before repeatedly hitting my own forehead. I was mortified, but I shouldn't have been in this situation in the first place!

Surprisingly, we're all gathered in the canteen. Today has been... intense, to say the least. No one seems in the mood for small talk, especially Angel Dust, who usually delights in annoying either Vaggie or Alastor during breakfast.

I glance around at them, sensing a tension in the air. "Is there something I'm missing here?" They all shoot me a partially hostile glare, especially Vaggie. "... What did I do this time?"

Charlie stood up before her girlfriend could erupt in anger, calmly addressing me. "(Y/N), you threw up in front of the hotel."

My eyes widen in shock. "I did?"