Chapter 5

Julianna

I take a step back as the eyes of the stranger hold me captive. In this room, I can see his features more clearly. He's tall, even taller than Titus by a few inches. His light eyes rest just above his sharp cheekbones, and even sharper jaw. His lips are set in a hard line, not quite a scowl, but definitely not a smile. Maybe a grimace, as if boredom had permanently attached itself to his face. The man's platinum blond hair rests against his forehead, nearly blending in with his light skin.

Although, those were all the details I could make out.

The rest of the man was completely covered in cloth. From the top of his neck to the thick soles of his black combat boots, not an inch of skin was seen beside that of his face. Even his hands had tight-fitting leather gloves on them, that he lazily hung by his side.

Trying not to let my fear show, I immediately straighten myself and force a coy smile to my lips.

"Sir," I purr, "I think you're in the wrong room, but if you give me the name of the girl you hired I can direct you to the right place."

My voice is steady while I talk, but my hands shake with nerves. It was unlikely he had hired another performer for pleasure, as he had locked the door behind him right after entering, but I needed to stall long enough for Titus to come and realize something was wrong.

Unlike the other rooms, where the soundproofing was semi-suitable at best, room three was completely noiseless. Because of the more erotic play that took place in this room, no sound could be heard inside or outside. If something went wrong, or if a performer felt unsafe with a client, there was a help button they could press that would alert security.

But when the safety button wasn't working, the room was considered out-of-order...

The man sighs and he gives me a bored look.

"I need you to come with me," he says, speaking for the first time. His voice is monotone, just as lifeless and emotionless as his eyes. It's deep and raspy as if he doesn't use it very often.

I keep my coy smile and flutter my eyes as I try to distract him, while I begin edging my way over to the back wall.

"Oh honey, I don't think you could handle that," I tease him as I bite my lip.

Just a few more steps...

He stares at me for a second before sighing.

"Sweetheart, I'm not playing around here," he says, eyeing my shuffling, "This'll be a lot easier if you don't fight me on this," he continues, one gloved hand gesturing between myself and the back wall.

I drop my act as I glare at him. The man didn't seem to be drunk or intoxicated. He was sharp enough to know exactly what I was trying to do and didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that my goal was to obtain a weapon.

There's a long pause as neither of us moves. He stared at me with that bored expression, and I cautiously studied with apprehension.

I try to subtly look around the room, quickly eyeing my options. My bare feet pause on the soft rug I was scooting across. To my left, the lounge I was previously sitting on was open but wasn't a suitable second option in way of finding protection or cover. Varying table tops were lined against one of the walls behind the lounge, but the man was closer to those more sturdy objects than I currently was.

My only option was to continue with my original plan and try to make it to the back wall.

I move first.

Turning around I lunge towards the wall and immediately grab the long whip. I hear the man groan from behind me, but try not to pay him too much attention as I quickly grasp the familiar soft leather in the center of my palm. Without thinking, I spin around, pulling my right arm back and jerking it forward in one fluid movement.