Epilogue

June 2147 AD
The de Chacier family estate, France

The sun languidly began to slip behind the mountains as day at long last gave way to the twilight. Frankie stirred in the darkness of the bedroom, sighing as her day-slumber came to an end. She could feel the house beginning to stir with activity, but it was still quiet, and she was much too comfortable where she was to even dream of getting out of bed. The heavy weight of Vlad's arm rested over her middle, his broad, naked chest pressed against her back.

She knew he was finally awake when she felt the faintest brush of air pass through his nostrils and against the nape of her neck, his hold on her tightening just a fraction.

"Bonsoir, mon chéri," she whispered into the darkness, lips curling into a contented smile when she felt the press of his evening wood in the cleft of her ass cheeks.

"How long have you been awake?" he murmured sleepily against her nape, voice low and graveled with drowsiness.

"Not long."

"How much longer until the sun sets?"

"About an hour or so. Why?"

The prick of his fangs against her naked shoulder, coupled with the feel of his hand dipping between her thighs communicated his intentions well enough. He didn't need to explain. Even as she chuckled in her amusement at his boundless insatiability, he rolled her over so she was on her back, his body rising over hers.

Their lips met and in no time at all he was feasting, tasting her, leaving a trail of hot destruction across her jaw and neck until she was writhing. When his mouth started to move south, hands pushing up the hem of her nightgown, she managed to murmur in spite of the fog in her brain,

"Where are you going?"

"I want breakfast," he purred against her abdomen, voice caramelized and suggestively coaxing her, even as he snaked his way down her body and deeper underneath the covers. Frankie's sex fluttered, sluicing with anticipation, and she smiled, biting her lower lip.

His tongue dragged a trail from her navel to her pelvis as his fingers curled behind the waistband of her panties.

"You didn't get enough this morning?" she teased, still opening her legs to accommodate him. He paused and looked up, regarding her for a moment, eyes slitted with mischief.

"You know very well, wife, that I can never get enough of you... or have I not proven that well enough to you over the last several years?"

"Prove it again," she pleaded with him. "You know how much I love it."

Dracula grinned and was about ready to finish pulling down her panties and get this evening started when the sound of small running feet reached their ears.

Vlad groaned loudly in annoyance, looking back at the still closed door.

"The timing of those two borders on diabolical, I swear..."

Frankie laughed even as the door flew open moments later, a pair of dark-haired twins about eight years of age bursting into the darkened bedroom.

"Mama!" the little girl called out, immediately racing for the bed. Dracula quickly moved from his position and covered them both up just in time for the young child to jump up onto the oversized bed to join them.

"Alina, sweetheart! Good evening! Did you sleep well?"

Alina immediately fell into her mother's embrace, head bouncing with dark curls as she wrapped her arms around the woman's neck.

"Very well, thank you," she answered, as if it were rehearsed. "Did you know that the summer solstice is only in three days?"

"Yes, I did, and there's no need to shout, darling. We can hear you just fine," and Frankie kissed the girl on the cheek before extending her hand out to the small boy waiting patiently in the doorway. "But it seems you've forgotten the rules already, my love. See? Your brother is waiting to be invited in. You remember what we told you about knocking first?"