07. Harry

I looked at Annika vividly and back to her. I can't believe that I'm looking at Merill.
     "Merill Hemsworth," I stated her name.
     That's why that lady looks familiar. Her dirty blonde hair that is so straight, the way she position her arms while she's writing or drawing and everything about her.
     "Let me remind you that we're here to talk about my gown and not to have a reunion," Annika broke the silence.
     "I know, Annika, no need to remind me that," Merill said, giving me an angry look.
      And she went ahead to the room and Annika followed. While I'm left alone with Elisha. I didn't recognize her when I entered but something's in me that was telling me that she is Merill's elder sister.
     "I guess you don't know me," Elisha said. "I'm El-"
     "Your name is Elisha, Merill's older sister," I finished her sentence, trying to be comfortable with everything.
     "Have a sit," she offered, pulling a stool from the counter. "It's been a long time since we talked. I'm glad to know it was not the first and the last."
     The scene flashed in my mind. I'm sitting at their couch waiting for Merill when she arrived and asked me a lot of question. It was a good day after all since she was nice to me even if I feel uncomfortable towards her.
     "So, how are you? You've change allot," she said, forcing a smile.
     "I'm good. And yeah, fame can totally change you but I think it's just my appearance, I'm still the Harry Styles that they met, lazy and sweet." I answered, laughing a bit.
     "That's funny," she commented, not even laughing at my joke.
     "So, how's Merill?" I asked, changing the topic.
     She looked at me wide eyed. "S-she's g-good," she choked.
     "By the way, I saw a girl and a man running from her room awhile ago, like chasing each other. Are they Merill's, you know, family?" I interrogated, stuttering a bit. Well, I think I want to bring back time and change my question to something friendly.
     "No!" she answered aloud.
     I was a bit shocked to how she answered yet I flashed a flirty smile and said, "Great."
     "What?"
     My eyes widened in realization, "Nothing."
     It's hard talking face to face to your ex girlfriend's sister than singing in front of millions of people. But I rather talk to Elisha every second of the day than living forever with Annika. I might be a guy but sometimes I'm fed up with sex.
     Noticing that it's awkward to continue the conversation, I started roaming around the room and watched the massive designs that Merill made. The glamorous gowns and extravagant clothes that made me want to steal it.
     I'm enjoying humming different kind of songs when an unidentified noises blow up from Merill's room. Elisha and I rushed inside to check and found a messy room with flying objects. Oh, I mean, they're throwing stuffs to each other.
     I immediately grabbed Annika's hand to stop her from throwing things to Merill. But then accidentally-or maybe she meant it-a pencil hit my forehead that made me wail a little.
     "Don't you dare touch or talk to Darcy! You don't know what I can do just to protect her!" Merill warned Annika angrily. "Both of you! Get out and never go back again! Our business is over!"
     Annika was about to reply but I pulled her out from the office gripping her wrist tight. We both went out from the building and I pushed her inside the car.
     Honestly, my head is full of questions, I want to hit Annika, and I want to know everything.
"Wait for me here!" I said, angrily.
     Upon entering again, Elisha blocked my way, her fierce look almost killed me.
     "I'm sorry for what happened," I apologized, keeping my voice calm and sincere.
     "It's much better if you stay away from us, Harry Styles," Elisha said, pushing me out before she slammed the door right in front of me.
     I was about to yell and personally talk to Merill to say sorry about everything. I want to come closer to her and hug her. I want to punish myself.
     I run back to the car and calmed myself before I started talking to Annika.
     "What does that mean?" I questioned Annika, not looking at her.
     Annika didn't answer. And because of my impatience, I punched the car's wheel.
"Forget about it, Harry!" Annika yelled.
     I looked at her, angrily and grabbed her arm. "You're keeping something from me, Annika! Tell me!"
     I waited but nothing came out from her mouth. I heaved a deep sigh and started the car. We drove off and left the fashion house.
     "I don't want to hurt you, Annika. All I want to know is the truth about everything that happened awhile ago," I stated. "And who's Darcy?"
      She hesitated, yet she answered, "I don't know."
      "I know that you know!"
      "It's nothing!"
      "Merill will not be angry like that if you didn't do something that affects her life or the life of someone who's important to her." I explained, defending Merill, which is a terrible idea.
      She laughed sarcastically, "Now you're like telling me that you know Merill better than you know me!"
     "It's not like that!" I argued.
     "Then stop asking! It was nothing! It's not important!"
     "Why aren't you telling me if it's not important?" I yelled. I'm going to burst in a minute if I can't stop my temper.
     "Because..." she started crying.
     "What?"
     "Darcy is..."
     "Tell me!"
     "Harry,"
     "Tell me, Annika!"
     I looked at her and she yelled. I lost my focus on the road. Immediately, I turned the wheel to the right but it was too late to get away. We hit the truck and before I fainted, I can still feel Annika holding my hand.
     "D-a-arcy y-your ch-ch-child,"

...

cynthnie.x