29. Merill

I watched Darcy lying down her bed like an angel silently sleeping. I shouldn't be hard to you, Darcy. Ian's right, I'm the one who is pushing you to hate me. I'm very sorry.
"Merill,"
I looked behind and saw Ian.
"Harry wants to talk to you," he said, not looking at me.
I smiled and hugged him. I think he was surprised by my movements but he hugged back.
I sobbed. "I'm sorry,"
I felt his lips curving into a smile. "I will always forgive you, even if you don't apologize."
I chuckled. "Oh, Ian."
"You must see Harry now," he repeated after we pulled away from each other.
I slowly opened the door and saw Harry smiling.
"What do you need?" I asked in my most serious voice.
"You can't attract me by your seductive voice, Mims," he said, smirking.
Why does he like to smirk?
"Really?" I faked a smiled.
"But you can attract me with your seductive body," he said, practically checking me out. What a cheeky lad.
"Harry, I'm here because you want to talk to me and I guess it's not about seduction," I started, cutting off the topic and starting a new one.
He laughed "You are really smart," he said, I rolled my eyes "Let's talk in a more private place."
Private place? Hell no!
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me but I stayed in my place.
"Don't worry! This is not the round two of June 2009," he smiled, teasingly.
I scowled at him, "what the hell?"
"I know it came in to your mind," he said, smirking.
I couldn't even deny the fact that my cheeks were probably red as a tomato after he said that.
We both exited the hospital and he brought me to the place where we can talk privately, in a familiar building's rooftop.
"Remember this place?" he asked, scanning his emerald eyes all over the place.
I rolled my eyes.
"It was the best day ever," he said, looking down at me.
Best day? All I remembered was we had an educational trip and we ended up here. This was where I said, yes. But how could it be his best day?
"Liar," I stated, glaring at him.
"Sorry?" he said, he probably didn't happen to hear it.
"Nothing," I smiled, sat on the floor and he joined me. "What do you want to talk about?"
"About our past," he answered, staring at the sky and lying down on the hard surface. His crossed arms on the back of his head. I decided to join him.
"Bet you know my past," I said, looking at him. "And you said you already know everything about me the last few days."
"I said ours, not yours," he protested.
"So tell me about your past, what happened to your life after you dump me like a trash?" I asked.
"You're too excited to jump to chapter one, you don't have the plan to view the prologue first?" he questioned me teasingly, his dimples revealing as he smiled.
I rolled my eyes at him. "Fine, so what's the prologue of your past?"
"We had sex the night of your birthday. Actually, it was one of the best and bad night," he said.
I raised an eyebrow. "Best and bad night? Can it be?"
"It was best because that night you're mine, and bad because I'm so problematic that time,"
"What was your problem that time? All I know was you were going to enter X-Factor, and I believe it was not a problem."
"Entering Hollywood or let just say X-factor was a stepping stone of what I am right now, but the problem was there is an exchange of those dreams,"
"And what are they?"
He looked at me with those dazzling green eyes, "Marrying Annika instead of you."
I looked at him back in confusion.
"Someone asked me to marry Annika," he repeated.
"Who is that someone?" I asked.
He smiled looking back to the sky.
"A manager of yours? Simon?" I stated but he just smiled instead. "Annika's mother."
He looked at me again. "How?"
I smiled, "you were with Annika without at least talking to me, you joined X-factor, you're on your way in fulfilling your dreams and then I realized I was pregnant," I explained "I came to your house to tell you about our child but it was Annika's mom who faced me. I told her that I wanted to talk to you because I'm pregnant but she threw me out and threatened me. If you heard the news about me having a baby, she'll kill me."
I let a tear fell down my eyes.
"She threatened you, like what he did to me. I was on my way in leaving X-factor because I heard the news that you're pregnant, but she poisoned my mind and threatened me. If I'll try to quit, she'll kill you. I lost my strength to live my career, but honestly it was you in my mind," he said, wiping my tears away with his thumb. "I met my band mates, we made a band, called it One Direction. We reached the finals and the news went out that you're baby died in your womb."
"Harry, 9 months of bringing Darcy in my body. 4 months of it is finding ways to talk to you and rest is staying away and deleting you in our life," I said. "I gave birth to Darcy, Annika and her mom went to the hospital to offer us some money in exchange of Darcy. I went mad, I didn't allow her to touch or talk to Darcy when she grows older, I yelled at them. She was angry and took my scholarship, but I don't even need it. My friends and family helped me, they let me study in a school where 2 years course exist, I took designing and graduated."
"You met Reggie and you fell in love with each other. Then three years passed you met me again and you broke up with him. Right?" he chuckled.
I nodded.
"Now I conclude, she's definitely my daughter," he let out a deep sigh.
I smiled and nodded again.
He stood up and offered a hand. I accepted it and he pulled me up.
"Look at the sky," he told me.
We both looked at the sun setting, it was beautiful.
"Beautiful," I exclaimed, looking at the breathtaking view in front of us.
"Just like you," he whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my body.
I smiled.
And he kissed me.

...

I was actually smiling like an idiot while writing this.

cynthnie.x