12. Ian

"Hey, what came in to your mind that you didn't go home last night?"
"We're dead worried, Ian!"
"What happened to you and Selena?"
An angry cold voice woke me up from my deep sleep. I opened my eyes and saw Darcy on my bed, hugging me tightly while Elisha and Merill are looking at me from the side.
"Hewy, Unkwel Ian!" Darcy jumped onto me.
"We found you near the beach, drunk and dumb-founded," Elisha explained, her face straight and serious.
I rubbed my temples and sat up. "Oh, I'm so sorry, Elisha! I'm really sorry!"
"Do you think we don't care if you die, Ian?" Merill said, trying to calm herself in front Darcy.
I pulled the covers out of my body, stood up and straighten myself. "Merill, I know you care, it's just..."
Still looking at me, she told Elisha to bring Darcy out so that we could have a private talk. I heaved a deep breath, realizing that I made a great mess.
Elisha and Darcy left the room. I can't look at her in the eyes but she kept on staring at me which makes me nervous. Merill is really a lion when she's angry. Wild, scary and creepy, but she never tried to hurt me once.
"What happened to you and Selena yesterday?" she asked, anxiousness clearly washed over her. But it's still a relief. She might not know it yet.
"I told Selena that I love-" I stopped momentarily. I won't tell her, I'll melt. "I love someone else, please don't ask who, you will die,"
"Ian," she calmly said. "Please talk to Selena. I don't want this friendship to be ruined again. She's hurt, time can heal it but you need to talk to her."
I bit my lip. "I'm sorry,"
We shared a moment of silence until she broke it.
"Your niece, Elaiza called. She said, you should go and meet in Starbucks," she stated, flatly.
"Okay, I'll go. Are you coming with me?" I asked, inviting her.
She shook her head and went to the door. "I'm going to visit the fashion house after lunch. I'll be in my room if you need anything."
"Okay,"
I fixed myself, changed my clothes, drunk some shake to lessen the hangover and begged good bye to Darcy. Holding my car keys, I made my way outside the flat when I saw a shiny black van parked outside. I immediately run to the gate and saw Harry's mom.
"Good morning, Ian," she greeted, her voice was gentle.
"Good morning, Anne!" I greeted back, more cheerful. "Looking for someone?"
"I would like to talk to Merill," she smiled.
"Sure, Anne, come in," I replied and guided her to the door. I let her sit on the couch while I went to Merill's room and knocked on her wooden door.
"Mims, you have some visitor," I said as soon as she opened it.

...

cynthnie.x