Our future

TW small talk about child abuse
If you want to skip this chapter, that's fine!! But if you want to read from before and after that talk then pls do!! I'll be putting ‼️ from the start and finish of each triggering paragraph ❤️

DRACO
"Oh shut up" we finally calmed down after merlin knows how long and we caught our breath. Harry emerged from my chest and I looked down, his already usually crazy hair was even crazier. His curls fell over his eyes and stuck up like a balloon were over his head. He looked at me in an odd confused but longing stare. I couldn't understand what it was meant for?

"Draco..."

"Harry?..." anyone could hear the confused tone in my voice. He's acting strange.

Stranger than usual

True...

"Do you- I mean... well- would you- do you- fuck." He groaned

"Harry just spit it out?" I held his face. Now I really am confused. I honestly don't think I've ever heard Harry James Potter stutter either.

"In the future- I'm not saying now! Would you... ever want kids?"

Kids

Children

A family

Father?

‼️ start

When I was younger I always imagined having a family. To be a better dad to my child then my father ever was to me.
I know he just wanted to protect me.
He loved his family, deep down...

But he hit me.
Wether it was through love or whatever the fuck you call what that bullshit was he still did it.
And he was homophobic and put us all through...
That.

‼️ end

I must've been quiet for too long because Harry moved. I looked up and he was sat laying against the side of the booth

"I'm sorry I... that was too sudden wasn't it?" His arms were crossed and his legs were up on the seat. He looked like a child I'd scolded.

‼️ start

This is exactly what I was like when he'd do it to me. Shout at me for god knows what. Anything he could shout for, really, which was everything.

He was a vile prick.
He'd hit mother too, you know.
She once sat on the left of him when Voldemort were present. Nearer to him than my father was, he was furious. Once Voldemort had left to his room... he smacked her.
Her face was bruised for a week after.
When he... Voldemort- asked her... she told him she'd hit her face on a cupboard because of some house elf... we had many, he killed nearly half of them because of it.
I think he was proud of himself, too.
Lucius.

I've never said it out loud. I didn't think I'd ever say it. Even in my head.

I'm glad he's gone.

‼️ end

"No Harry-" I chose my words carefully. As careful as I could. You never really know what to say in a case like this.

Just speak your mind, Draco. Tell him.

"Harry... my father- as you know, he- he... hurt me. It scared me. I want children... more than anything..." I bit my lip as I thought again.
"a little boy" I smiled "and a little girl."

This clearly made him happy as he perked up, the biggest stupidest smile I've ever seen plastered on his smug little face and trust me I've seen many. Like, a lot

"Two... fuck it maybe three" we laughed "three little potters running around the house... one maybe as blind as you" we laughed even more and he dropped his legs, bringing me to his chest. "One... blonde hair... another... brave, or should I say just stupid."

"Oi!!" He squeezed me

"All... slytherin-"

"Definitely not!!"

We giggled and laughed and hugged and I'm pretty sure both close to tears.
I'm so glad he's my mate.
My mate
All mine

It's weird... both only 18 and already thinking about the rest of our lives together.
Merlin we haven't even told our friends and family yet and children are the first on our list.
But I do want children with him. A family. To be the best dad any dad could ever be. Other than Harry. Of course

"Wait... cuz we're both boys... what would they call us?" Harry craned his head a little so he could look at me properly. I shrugged

"Well the others names for a dad... father, papa, pa, pops though that's more for grandads..." we giggled and I sighed

"Papa... I think that's sweet" he leaned against each other, content in the moment of thinking about a future together

"What would we name them?..." I looked down at our legs, sprawled out on the seats

"I know this may seem... weird but- I want to name at least one of them after two of the greatest head masters hogwarts has ever seen."

I instantly smiled, knowing exactly who he meant "Albus Severus Potter... I like it."

"Hm... if we're having three..." we laughed at the thought "we should name the girl after our mothers."

"And... the other?"

"Well... if he's going to be the 'brave'- sorry, stupid" he nudged me and we smiled "would you accept... James Arthur potter?"

I could tell from his voice he wanted it and badly.
Two of the men in his life that were most father to him than any others. And they were both gone.

I nodded "I love it" I put my hand on the back of his head and began softly playing with his raven locks. "Imagine we get a ginger baby..." we laughed "adorable"

"So... Albus Severus Potter, Lily Narcissa Potter and... James Arthur Potter?" He traced my arm with shapes and lines

I nodded again and relaxed into him "definitely"

~authors note~
AHHHH THAT WAS CUTE, RIGHT??
Like Ik the whole @bu$e thing definitely wasn't but it's just so sweet to imagine the two doylums cuddling and talking about their future...
And don't think this is the end
We got hogwarts next 😉

Also yes I'm aware the child's name is James Arthur like the singer 😭

~Harvey