Other Chhatri Temple part-1

1. Mukta Bai Phanse - Holkar :

Mukta Bai Phanse - Holkar was born on December 1748 to Rani Ahilya Devi Holkar. Mukta Bai was very intelligent and shrewd. There come references to her connection with Rani Ahilya Devi's spy agency.

Name: Mukta Bai Phanse - Holkar
Birth year: 1748
Father: Sardar Khande Rao Holkar
Mother: Rani Ahilya Devi Holkar
Husband: Yashwant Rao Phanse
Son: Nathoba Holkar (later adopted by Maharani Ahilya Devi Holkar)
Religion: Hindu
Caste: Dhangar
Death year: 1791

Marriage

Thieves and dacoits wore hides in Holkar's Jahagiri area. In order to settle the 'dacoit-thieves' situation, Maharani Ahilya Devi Holkar announced that "whosoever will settle these marauding bandits situation, the brave person will be given a patrimony and married to Rajkumari Makta Bai Holkar".

Following Maharani Ahilya Devi's announcement, Yashwant Phanse, a young man from Subhedar Tukoji Rao Holkar's army, took the army and killed the robbers. As per the announcement, Maharani Ahilya Devi Holkar married her daughter (Rajkumari Mukta Bai Holkar) to Yashwant Phanse. Such a story was told.

 Such a story was told

Jahagiri

Jahagiri

Maharani Ahilya Devi Holkar gave Sardar Yashwant Rao Phanse endowment in the form of Lasalgaon and Fort in Maharashtra, Holkar Wada Sonewadi of Niphad, Shivre Bo-Hake in Chandwad, Madke Jamba and land in Junnar & Tarana Province (in Maharashtra) in the form of Jahagirdari. The province of Tarana was the Khasgi Jahagiri of Maharani Ahilya Devi.

Apart from this, Sardar Phanse family got many powers such as punishing, collecting taxes, honouring pilgrimages, Patilki, etc. were granted by Holkars in Lasalgaon and Niphad provinces. After the fall of Maratha power in 1818, even during the British era, Patilki's land was kept with the traditional Sardar Phanse family.

Death

After the sudden death of Yashwant Rao Phanse in the year 1791, Mukta Bai went to Sati at Maheshwar Fort.

Until the year 1835, Ganpat Rao Revji Phanse, the fifth decendant of Yashwant Rao Phanse was in charge of Lasalgaon Fort.

Note