Malhar Rao Holkar

Birth, genealogy and paternal death:-

Malhar Rao Holkar was born in 1693 A.D. in Hol-Murum village near Jejuri on the banks of Nira river in Pune district. His father's name is Khanduji Veerkar ? His caste was Khutekar Dhangar.

[1. Both Veer and Jejuri are located in Saswad Taluka in Pune district.

2. The temples of Jejuri is Khanderai- the Kulaswami of Holkar and Veer's Jhasocha (Jhaskocha) are famous.

3. There are four types of Dhangar: Khutekar, Hatkar, Segar and Sangar.

[by the one who is writing this article]
4. According to a site, Jiwaji Bai was the name of Malhar Rao's mother's name.
According to Holkar Cultural Centre video, Ganga Bai was the name of Gautama Bai Holkar's mother-in-law. ]

His life was based on Hol-Murmur's quadrangle and general agricultural activities. Hol-Murum used to run on chauvinism and ordinary agriculture. His mother is the sister of Bhojraj Ji Bargal of Mauje Talode, Sultanpur Pargana, Khandesh. While Khanduji Veerkar was happily living his life when suddenly cruel times attacked him. At that time, Malhar Rao Holkar was only three years old. Then, of course, it must have been difficult times. At that time, the readers could imagine how much grief that unfortunate mother- Malhar Rao's mother must have felt, how many times she must have cried in grief and how many times she would have had tears in her eyes thinking about her future life! But who would have given or give her courage, patience in such times of trouble and crisis? On the contrary or other hand, her brother-in-law, because of the death of her husband, was glad that they would now be able to plunder  his income! Anyhow, Malhar Rao's mother kept her sorrow aside and thought of ways of driving her and her son's life.

Days of trouble ahead:-

Khanduji Veerkar had accumulated a little on the income of the Chaugula and ordinary agricultural land, on which Malhar Rao's mother spent some days

Khanduji Veerkar had accumulated a little on the income of the Chaugula and ordinary agricultural land, on which Malhar Rao's mother spent some days. As Malhar Rao was a child, the brothers began to suppress all the incomes of their mother without giving a single one. Then, of course, the income decreased. How many days will she live or how long will she keep burying, the Begum of the house! That is why, this unfortunate family began to be confused even for two hours! Malhar Rao's mother thought of Malhar Rao's migration to Khandesh as such difficult times or situations would harm the lives of the imprisoned children. To suddenly leave the house in which we have lived since childhood, where we have spent our days happily, in which we have made every arrangement for our comfort, to leave suddenly- even in such a miserable condition- how sad it is, not only through actual experience, but only by imagination. Will not know or won't know! Even if you have spent four days with a good-natured guest, and if he starts to leave, you cannot help but feel a throat thickening! I leave it to the readers to imagine how depressed Malhar Rao's mother must have felt at such a time and how she must have remembered the mountains of sorrow!

[ 1. Every village Patil had Chaugula, Dawaldar, Ramoshi, etc. servants under  him.

2. Chaugula is the chief among them.

3. Malkam Sadeva gives the honorific name of Malhar Rao as 'Narayanaji'.]

Stay in the maternal uncle's house and the routine there:-

In this way, thus, bent with grief, that saddened mother decided to migrate to Shevarti after bringing the current situation in her mind

In this way, thus, bent with grief, that saddened mother decided to migrate to Shevarti after bringing the current situation in her mind. Then she left the house with her son after making all sorts of preparations. She directly came and stayed at her brother's (Bhojraj Ji Bargal) house in Khandesh. Bhojraji Bargal also honored her and gave her due respect according to his position and status. It's not like the big locks of the house. After eight-fifteen days later, Malhar Rao's mother started going and working in the fields. When Malhar Rao also grew up a little, he started taking his uncle's sheep to graze in the forest. In this way, Malhar Rao Holkar had a routine for some days in his childhood.