Chapter II (Old)

Disclaimer before reading written in December 3rd, 2023: This chapter, among the other four that portraits the first night encounter and the early morning of the day after has been combined and improved on, please skip to it should you be wanting to watch the new one directly, or you can enjoy the old versions of those writings right here.

Lungmen city, 23:07 hours

After a long drive from Highway passes through the sign with '4.8km 南口 South Export' the SUV finally enters the CBD district of the nomadic city with the traffic isn't too crowded at this time, only a handful of vehicles are moving along the same or lanes near to them. Along the streets below the highway bridges there are neon light looking billboards written in both Chinese and English as the names of the companies and other supporting industries on buildings with similarities to the Western design. "...I have several... No, too much questions... But first got to settle down before start asking." Alex thinks to himself, keeping his head towards the windows outside.

"Enjoying the view? This is Centred, the business district of Lungmen, one of the most hectic areas around this city. We are lucky that it had passed the rush hour for a while so there wouldn't be too much of a traffic jam." Exusiai lifts her head to the rear-view mirror.

"You're nervous? Don't worry, we love to treat our fellow colleagues well. The boss does too, right Texas?" She lowered her voice lightly. "As long as there's no severe property damage that is..."

Texas didn't respond and switches on the tape player of her own during the stop at one of the red lights, where pop songs sung by a female plays from the thing.

"But you will be fine with us, we'll cross that bridge together when it comes, okay?" Despite her cheerful comfort she only received the reply of a cold nod. His eyes, the eyes of a killer. The last person she ran into with such eyes that gave her this level of despirital was Texas in their early days, but there are also a blend mix of different emotions hidden inside it separates it from the cases she encountered, yet Exusiai just couldn't tell what it is.

She blinks again and looks back directly this time, all she sees was Alex's eyes were closed already. With a smirk she climbs swiftly up and through the space between seats at the front with the help of her slim body and got to the back.

The sights of the city and the bump along the ride caused Alex's eyelids to lower. The sceneries brought his memories back to the city of Tarkov, many months ago.

The time it was in almost the end of summer in Russia. The bright sunlight of summer shines across the skies enlightened the streets that is of the rising city at day reflecting it's glorious growth. That is prior to the conflict later on dubbed and publicly known as the Contract Wars. The businesses of constantly increasing existence that is Western enterprises creating jobs and opportunities for the locals. Everything in this special economic region seems perfectly fine in order and will stay that way, at least almost everyone believed to be.

Everything was fine back then. Especially at night, where the neon lightshow is almost just as gorgeous as the ones at St. Petersburg and Moscow with the cool wind keeping the mood just right. Alex sightsees the streets from the roof on the Terragroup headquarters in downtown during his night shift with the others that got assigned. Since there's nothing much happening around the facility most people just kept their primaries slung and waiting for the shift to end, so that they can get some shut-eye.

"I miss my family back home..." One of the fellow USEC named Jack muttered with his British accent, he pulled out a pack of Red and white covered Marlboro and puts a cigarette out to his mouth. "Got a light?"

"Yeah, where is it?" Alex helps him with his Zippo, which is an Iraq war edition that got the 'Al Asad - Iraq' written on the brass lid along with an Eagle Globe and Anchor emblem engraved at the main brass of the lighter.