Chapter IV (Old)

Disclaimer before reading written in December 3rd, 2023: This chapter, among the other four that portraits the first night encounter and the early morning of the day after has been combined and improved on, please skip to it should you be wanting to watch the new one directly, or you can enjoy the old versions of those writings right here.

Lungmen city, 23:35 hours

Paperwork after paperwork, signature after signature, another hard day of work is finally over for Ch'en as she rest her hands onto the once tidy desk and her back leaned against the rests on her office chair.

Usually dispite the heavy workload of the Head Inspector Chief for LGD, Ch'en still can manage a schedule for both the daily work and a tend to her own hobbies in an elegantly balanced manner. Unfortunately in recent days it is not the case. As she glared at the signed papers again, the reports printed on it involved with numerous situations occurring around Lungmen. Increasing tensions in the underworld, possible exterior threats etc and worst of all. The continuing unrest from the infected. All the issues are acting like ticking time bombs tied up in a bundle, ready to blow Lungmen up to kingdom come when it detonates.

She lets out a sigh and stretches her arms as the office chair spins around, allowing herself to gaze the seemingly peaceful night of the very city she and her subordinates laboured so hard to protect.

The neon lights from the various buildings on this part of the city shone bright in the dark sky above them, creating patterns of light that reflected off the dark ground below where cars were parked. The trees lining the streets also swayed in the wind, their leaves rustling together like the sea waves rolling along the shore. It was beautiful scenery.

Ch'en smiled to herself, happy with her current state of mind, despite all the problems she had to deal with earlier today. She let out another long exhale before reaching for her computer that rested on top of her desk and pressed the button to switch it on.

A notification appeared on the screen - an email from one of the leaders of the pharmaceutical company, asking if they could meet up again tomorrow morning at 10am. It seems there was something more that needed to be discussed between them, which prompted him to send such an urgent request tonight.

Ch'en nodded and typed back her acceptance before sending it across. She then turned off the phone after hitting the 'enter' button and allow it's screen to turn off. She sighed, and suddenly someone knocks the door to her office, turning her attention towards the door.

"Come in." She said reluctantly, but as the Special Inspection Unit Chief of the LGD the duty demands her she had to conceal that emotion from her voice. It was a young Aslan officer who knocked. "Madam Ch'en, we got a report from the slums." The newbie stuttered afterwards. "What is it officer?"
She asked.

He takes a deep breath in an attempt to muster his courage, his eyes looking towards the floor and Ch'en's repeatedly. "A ... A shootout happened in the slum."

"A shootout? Relax officer, situations like these are not abnormal in the slums." She spoke with a comforting but serious voice. "No ma'am... I got words from the others who are there, it's no ordinary." The Aslan replied.

"Calm down officer, take some rest and I'll notify Crime and Security to dispatch their investigators." Ch'en looked him in the eyes while trying to get a clue on the situation in the head.

"Negative Ma'am..." He mumbled. "Multiple Siracarus mafia members murdered. News from our patrol officers on site indicated that there are more than a dozen were killed.

"Excuse me officer?" Ch'en reflectively responded. She couldn't believe someone had the audacity to break the law and the underworld rules in Lungmen at the same time. Pissing off the Siracarus no less.