FOURTEEN

10:05am

10:05am

I looked out the window watching the rain fall. This was the perfect sleep weather but I had to be at school. I turned my head as everyone starting piling into the classroom. I pulled out my notebook and pencil as I waited for the teacher to start. I thoroughly enjoyed this class.

"Wassup class, is everyone ready for spooky season and pumpkin lattes" everyone started speaking up and responding to his statement. I smiled a little thinking of all the activities I wanted to do before October was up.

"Pumpkin lattes are overrated" I shook my head as the teacher shared a small laugh.

"Alright today I want to go a different route with todays class and start up a discussion with some of the real world struggles we are dealing with" I nodded listening.

"Tell me what's the worst that's has happened so far" he sat on his desk and folded his arms as he observed the class. Everyone sat there and stared.

"Well don't all speak at once" he said with a smile. After a couple more seconds of silence, a girl shot her hand up.

"Yes Emily"

"I know this happened a little while ago and it could really trigger everyone but the overturned of roe v. wade" I remember when the whole topic came up and I was furious.

"Hmm okay, now how does that relate to the struggles of African American women before our time" I sat up and turned and looked at her. She was probably the only other white girl in here. But she always had some good points.

"I seems like we are going backwards within our history. Abortion has many great causes even if people don't want to admit it. Back then many of those women had no control over there body and who they had a kid with. For example one of the books we read towards the beginning of the semester. It shows a great example of how SOME men in general try to control our bodies and what we choose to do with it" I raised my eyebrows shaking my head.

"I would have to disagree, if you don't want a kid then don't have sex period, no dude cares about how you use your body" most of the girls suck their teeth.

"So your saying that it's pretty much the girl fault for getting pregnant?" He nodded his head.

"Yeah it is, you know the consequences when you decided to lay down and ope—"

"Alright let's keep it PG Malik" the teacher interrupted.

"Let's say you get your girlfriend, well scratch that. Let's pretend you get a girl pregnant and you want nothing to do with it, is it still her fault when you decided to lay down and not use proper protection" I scratched my head as the two continued to go back and forth.

"I'll tell her to abort it" I scoffed.

"You're unbelievable. Moral of what I'm trying to say is that abortion has helped with a lot of things. For example ectopic pregnancies or complications where the mother can no longer carry the baby to full term. It had its benefits rather your pro-life or not" the pro-lifers is not gonna like that one.