TWENTY•SEVEN

I stared at my cap and gown soaking in the fact I'm about to be done with my undergraduate years

I stared at my cap and gown soaking in the fact I'm about to be done with my undergraduate years. I had less than two months left. It was surreal. A knock on my door made me look up to see Amanda. She was starting to show more as the months progressed.

"Hey"

"Hey, I ordered some pizza for us" she pointed towards the kitchen where the smell of the cheesy goodness tickled my nose.

"Oh thank you" I hung my gown back in my closet than followed behind her. I walked to the sink to wash my hands.

"So I wanted us to talk" I glared at her.

"About?"

"Us, I know we haven't had the best friendship but I want us to put our differences aside to tolerate one another" I grabbed a slice of pizza.

"Amanda I never had a problem with you but the way you like to talk to my boyfriend when I'm not around is weird to me"

"It's not on purpose, I just catch him at random times" I leaned on one leg as I ate my slice.

"So talking to him as soon as he leaves my room at night is random times?"

"Well I guess that's weird, can we just— put this behind us" she sighed rubbing her temple.

"If you can learn to stop begging him to be with you then maybe we can" I gave a quire smile.

"Yes anything, I don't want any tension around my baby"

"Uh-huh, well thanks for the peace offering" I grabbed another slice and made my way back to my room.

"Uh Kyrie" I turned on my heels to look at her.

"I'm sorry truly, maybe one day me, you, and Honey can all be friends" I smiled.

"Maybe one day" I doubt it.

* * * * *

"Girl if you don't just open it" Levi grunted snatching my computer out my hand.

"Wait" i toss my hands on his to stop him from clicking it.

"Ky, we both know you got in"

I received emails from a couple of schools that I applied for their vet program. They all decided to roll around the same time. Nervous was an understatement.

"What are you afraid of" I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

"Change" I started. "I'm comfortable where I'm at but I know if any of those say I got accepted, I would have to move away from all of you"

"Listen, don't worry about all of us. We can still come visit and talk on the phone when you get lonely" I chuckled "this is something you have been wanting since we were kids. I'm sure everyone will understand the decision and support you"