NINETEEN

| THANKSGIVING BREAK |

11:30am

I was currently in the car with my dad as we drove to my grandmothers house for the week. Since most of my family could never make it around Christmas, we usually meet up around thanksgiving. I played a game on my phone as my dad sung his little heart out to Rihanna.

"Dad, please let her sing" I said rubbing my head.

"Girl you must not know your daddy use to serenade all the girls back in my day"

"Puh-lease" I said laughing. He chuckled.

"Why you hating" I tried to control my laughter as he tried to act as if I hurt his feelings.

"I bet it I ask nana, she gonna say the same thing" I told him. He waved me off as he turned the radio up louder. The whole ride consisted of him singing off-key to some r&b songs. It was such a pain to have to listen to him screech in my ear.

"Oh thank goodness, we made it" I jumped out the car so quickly once we parked.

"Your such a hater Kyrie" we both grabbed our bags before making our way inside.

"Dad you can't sing, even Oreo starts howling when you try" his mouth fell open once we got in sight of my grandma.

"Close your mouth honey, hi my baby" I smiled running into my grandma arms.

"Nana, I've missed you"

"Ma, your granddaughter so mean" he mugged me as he took his jacket off.

"No you can't handle the truth"

"What y'all fussing about" her thick southern accent came out.

"Nana I told him he can't sing and he said I was a hater" she looked over at him as he folded his arms.

"Uncle Mikey" my cousin came running around the corner engulfing my dad into a hug.

"Haven how you been" he ruffled her hair once they pulled away from the hug.

"Dang you forgot about me" I said mugging her. She looked at me and gave me a mug back before we broke into a laughter.

"Ky I feel like I haven't seen you in forever" we embraced each other for a few more moments until we heard someone clear their throat. I turned around to see my older cousin Enzo standing there with a silly grin. I smiled big before jumping on him.

"Enzo, I didn't know you was coming down this year" since he plays football in college, they usually don't get to come back for small breaks like thanksgiving.

"Coach made some arrangements to let us back home this year, surprise"

"Wassup Unc" he said dapping my dad. I was the closest to them out of all of my cousins since we had a more relatable childhood.