TWENTY•FIVE

| February 5th|

7:28 pm

My pencil tapped alongside the desk as I reviewed the material once more. Stress was not even the word to describe how I was feeling about these upcoming tests. Usually, I am prepared but as of recently, all I want to do is curl up in bed and rest. I rubbed my temple as my eyes closed momentarily.

I focused on my breathing as I tried to relax my mind to try and look over these notes again. The test was in two days but I just started looking stuff over last night. Any other time I wouldn't be worried but 4 chapters worth of Neurobiology was making my brain hurt. My teacher did a horrible job explaining the concepts, so per usual I was teaching myself the course.

"Hey, you okay?" I felt a hand touch my shoulder comfortably. I opened my eyes to be met with Levi. I shook my head sighing.

"It's nothing I can't handle" He squinted his eyes putting his stuff down in the seat next to him.

"What's going on? Last time I seen you like this was high school" I sighed.

"I'm fine" I mumbled re-opening my notebook. he slid it from my grasp making me suck my teeth.

"Talk to me" he took his airpods out and put them back in the case.

"Sometimes I wonder how life after college will be, like what if my life doesn't go the path I want it to go" he furrowed his eyebrows.

"For as long as we've been friends, you always talked about being a vet. your eyes light up just talking about it Ky. You got to believe in yourself and push towards the goal no matter the obstacle" I slumped my shoulders tracing my finger over the lines engraved in the desk.

"I just get discouraged when I look into who gets accepted into vet school-"

"You have to stop looking at the statistics of who gets accepted" I blinked my eyes as I felt them trying to water. Every time I get overly stress, I just want to cry and ball up in a corner somewhere.

"I know but it's hard, I just want to get accepted. This has been my dream since Oreo was brought home" I spoke with a slight laugh. I use to play doctor with him all the time. I remember the day when we had to take him into the emergency animal hospital. It was that day I realized why they say your pet is your bestfriend. I couldn't imagine someone else going through that same experience I did at such a young age. It was one of the main reasons I started looking into animal anatomy.

"And you will, What are you currently studying" He slid me back my notebook. I flipped back to the chapter notes.

"Neurobiology"