Epilogue

Life as a Kazansky

6 months later...

"I'm telling you what Carole, I know Nick knew I need some happiness." Diana said on the phone as she rubbed her swollen stomach. "I know, he would be tickled for you and this little girl that you and Tom are bringing into the world. How's he's handling the fact that he's having a daughter?" Carole asked. "Honestly tickled, he's determine that she's going to be like us." Diana said with a grin.

"I can see that with Bradley." Carole said and Diana hummed. "You know what would be crazy, if our kids fell in love." Carole said. "A Kazansky with a Bradshaw that would make a shocking headline." Diana said as Carole chuckled.

"How's your brother and Spade?" She asked. "Believe or not, Anna is expecting month after me, which I found weird because I didn't found out I was pregnant way after Steve told me the news, they're expecting a daughter then my brother is expecting a little girl, expect the woman that's carrying his child doesn't want her so she's signing all rights to my brother." Diana explained.

"Well he's going to give her a good life." Carole said. "Yeah, my brother has good heart." Diana said. "How did Maverick react again?" Carole said which caused Diana to smile.

"He was happy and thrilled... said I needed happiness after we loss Nick." Diana said. Carole hummed.

"Speaking of your daughter, does she have a name?" Carole asked. Diana grinned.

.................

three months later....

"Hello our sweet Lindsey" Diana said as she stroked the cheek of hers and Tom's daughter.

Tom studied our daughter. "Yep, she's going to be just like us." Tom said and Diana rolled her eyes at Tom. "How do you know this?" Diana questioned him. "I just know it." Tom said and Diana smiled.

"We should get married." Tom said out of no where. Diana looked up at him, "Soon as possible." Diana said with a grin.

................

Lindsey at six months old

Lindsey was eating at her highchair, "Love, have I ever told you that I love your cooking?" Tom questions his wife.

She looked back and grinned at her husband. "Plenty of times my love." Diana said. Then Lindsey babbled which made her and Tom smiled at their little girl.

................

Lindsey at four years old.

Lindsey and Bradley were outside playing, Carole and Diana were talking in the kitchen.

"Nick's missing this... oh I wish he was here." Carole said as Diana grabbed onto her hand. "Nick is with us... believe me." Diana said.

"You and Tom have been there for Bradley and I, I don't know what him and I would do without you all." Carole said. Diana looked at Carole, "You guys were there for me, at my lowest like... always there for me... I knew I couldn't leave you and Bradley to deal with the grief alone... I am always going to be there for him... I promise." Diana said which caused Carole to smile.

................

Lindsey at Six years old.

Tom, Ron and Steve was showing  Millie, Victoria, Lindsey and Her brother around the hangar as Diana looked down at their youngest son. Yep... Lindsey would be there only daughter, but Diana saw the look in Lindsey's eyes.

The look that everyone looks when they want to be something.

Later on that evening, Lindsey told her parents that she wanted to be a pilot, just like them. Tom looked over at his wife. "I told you." Tom said and Diana playfully hit his shoulder.

"Don't let that go to your head darling." Diana said. "You know what this means?" Tom questioned. "Hmm?" Diana questioned. "I am going to teach our Lindsey everything she needs to know, even all the planes." Tom said. Diana couldn't help but smile.

Then Diana heard the same came from Millie and Victoria.

.............

Lindsey at Sixteen

Diana heard a knock at the door, she opened it to find Bradley standing there. "Hey there Bradley."  She said with a smile.

"Hey, where is Lindsey... I heard about the jerk who broke her heart and I wanted to cheer her up." Bradley said which caused Diana's heart to flip, she remember the conversation that her and his mother had.

"She's upstairs... yeah, a jerk." Diana said. Bradley smiled and thanked her.

"I think that boy is going to be my son in law... one of these days." Diana said as she shut the door.

...............

Few years later...

"Bradley!' Lindsey exclaimed as Bradley stormed through the house and she followed him. "Damn it." Lindsey said.

Tom and Diana looked at each other in concerned. "What happened?" Tom asked his daughter. "Maverick that's who." Lindsey said with frustration. "What did he do?" Diana asked. "He pulled Bradley papers for the Naval academy, this is going to set him back.... MAVERICK WHAT WAS YOU THINKING!" Lindsey exclaimed.

"Hey hey, just relax, you go talk to Bradley and we will find out the meaning of this." Diana assured her daughter. She smiled at her. "Thanks momma." Lindsey said as Lindsey went to her room where Bradley was.

"She cares so much about that boy." Tom said. "Indeed, but Maverick... he's thinks he can protect him, but he's gotta let him fulfilled his dreams Tom." Diana said as she thought back on Goose.

"Speaking of that.." Tom said as he held up a letter. "Is that?" Diana questioned and Tom nodded which caused them both to smile for their daughter.

Lindsey opened the door, to find Bradley sitting on her bed. "Hey... you okay?" Lindsey asked but no answer. She sighed and sat down beside him. He laid his head onto her shoulder. "Lindsey I don't think we can be friends anymore." Bradley said. Lindsey looked over at him... "What the..." Lindsey said but Bradley interrupted. "Because I am in love with you... maybe be more then friends." Bradley said.

"So wait that night when you played..." Lindsey was about to questioned him and he nodded. "Of course I would love that.... being your girlfriend and your still my best friend." Lindsey said as he chuckled and pulled her into a hug. 

"Now how do we break this news to your parents especially your dad." Bradley said as he pulled away. "My dad might be Iceman but believe me, I think him and my mom saw this coming... as for your application... My dad and mom can figure something out." Lindsey told him.

"They always been there for me and my mom." Bradley said. "Because you two were there for my mom... I know my mom struggled a lot when your dad died.... but she's strong." Lindsey said as she got up and got the Polaroid the Goose gave to her mom in jewelry box. She handed it to Bradley.

"What's this?" Bradley questioned then he saw his dad was in the photo. "Well your dad, with my mom, spade and Maverick... I know your mad at Maverick but I wanted you to have this and this." Lindsey said as she gave him another.

It was Ace and Goose goofing off. Bradley smiled. "They were chaos together..." Bradley said. "They sure were." Lindsey said.

"Question if my Callsign which you know is Rooster... what's yours?" Bradley said.

"Storm."

.................

Author's Note

Ace is officially over, but don't think this is the end because she will be returning in Storm, which it's hers and Iceman's daughter.

Thank you for all the love you have shown for Ace! it means the world.

By the way....

Storm is out