19

You can be my wingman, anytime.

"Mustang, this is Maverick, requesting flyby." Maverick called out.  "Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is full." The commander replied. "Ace.." Maverick said and she smirked.

Maverick led the flyby, Ace followed with Iceman right behind her. They buzzed the tower, laughing as they made it back on the runway, greeted by a heroes' welcome. A big crowd gathered around them while they got out of their planes.

Iceman and Ace smiled at each other she made her way to Maverick. He made eye contact with the woman, lift her up and spun her around. She felt squeamish but she was happy. She saw Wood and Wolfman. "That was bad ass Ace!" Wood called out. "Hell of job out there!' Wolfman exclaimed. She smiled. Then Maverick and Wolfman cheered, he lifted up Wolfman. Ace smiled and looked at Ice.

"We did it buddy!" Ace said to Spade. "No you did it, you got us out of messes." Spade said. "I couldn't do this without the help of my RIO and Buddy." Ace said. Spade smiled at the woman and hugged her.

"You!" Iceman called out to Maverick then Maverick approached Iceman. Spade and Ace looked over at them as the also approached them. "You are still dangerous. You can be my wingman anytime." Iceman said which caused Ace to smile. "Bullshit, you and Ace, can be mine."  Maverick said. Then Maverick pulled Iceman into a hug,

"Well I learned something today." Slider said to Ace. "What would that be?" Ace said as she rose a brow at her older brother. "That my little sister is a badass,  I think bigger one then me." Slider said. Ace smiled and pulled her older brother into a hug. Then she coughed little and pulled away. "Sorry." She said. "You alright?" Slider asked. "Just my stomach is turning, I did do some flips today, I am going to go see a medic." Ace said and he nodded. "Alright, something has to be wrong, this is not like you." Slider said.

..................

Diana sat on the porch, those words from the medic ran across her mind.

Tom came out and saw her sitting there. "What are you doing out here?" Tom asked her. "Oh nothing, I have things on my mind."  Diana said as he sat in the other chair. "I can't believe we are going to start living together." Tom said. Diana chuckled. "It's not like we have been already but it's a official." Diana said.

Diana stood up and looked out the view while Tom wrapped himself around her, placed his head onto her shoulder. She smiled. She looked over at him, "You alright Kazansky? You have things on your mind as well, didn't take you to be a thinker?" She asked which caused the man to chuckle softly at her. "Yeah... I was about to ask you the same." Tom replied.

"Yeah, something news that the medic told me." Diana said. "Oh what they say? I was wondering why you wander off then your brother told me where you went which gave the perfect opportunity to ask him something." Tom said which made Diana make eye contact with him. "What would that be?" Diana asked. "If I had his blessing." Tom said which made Diana's heart flip all over the place.

"Diana, there's no one else I rather spend my life then you. The first day I saw you, you made my hearts do all sorts of flips. You make the happiest man alive, I want you to be the woman I call my wife, to be the mother of our children and raise them, grow old together. Diana Elizabeth Kerner, Will you marry me?" Tom asked as he got down on one knee and revealed a gorgeous diamond with a few emerald stones ring, Diana was in tears at this point.

"Tom, of course I'll marry you but there's something I need to tell you." Diana said with a smile. Tom smiled and put the ring on. She looked at it and smiled. "It's gorgeous." Diana said. "It's so you." Tom said. "I guess you can say that." Diana said.

"What was you had to tell me?" Tom asked. "Remember when I saw the medics?" Diana asked. He hummed in responses. "You know how you just mentioned our children?" Diana questioned. "Diana." Tom said. "I'm pregnant Tom." Diana said with a slight smile.

Then silence filled the air for a moment until Tom had pulled her into a hug. "Is the baby okay?" Tom asked, she knew what he meant, the mission. "The baby wasn't even fazed." Diana said. He pulled away, then it hit him. "We're having a baby." Tom said and Diana smiled.

"How are we going to tell your brother?" Tom questioned with worry. "Tom, my brother adores you for one thing, he's going to be excited to be an uncle that's for sure." Diana said with a smile. Then she thought of all the people she was going to tell this exciting news too.

"I also heard you and I will be teaching at Top Gun together." Tom said. "That's going to be fun." Diana said. "And we're going to be quite a team." Tom said, then she smiled at him as he pressed his lips to hers.

...........

Few weeks later

Spade walked in the place which brought a smile to Maverick's face and Charlie smiled. "Hey congratulations!" Maverick said to Spade as he heard he will be helping out at Top Gun. "Thank you." Spade said with a smile.

"What brings you by?" Maverick asked. "Well to bring you by the news that your going to be godfather." Spade said. "I thought I already was to your and Anna's child?" Maverick questioned. "Or is it somebody else, isn't it?" Charlie questioned which Maverick looked at her confusedly

"Well... Diana....She's taking time off from flying, just a bit, going to be teaching because.... Well her and Tom... their expecting."

This brought a smile to Maverick's face.