Friends

Kyungsoo was currently in school. The bell for the first class hasn't rung yet so he was just sitting there, thinking, imagining a better life for himself. He imagined how his life could be if he actually had a friend. He imagined how his life could be if his parents actually had time for him. He was just imagining a life he wanted to have - a happy life.

„Hello!" Someone said, next to Kyungsoo, snapping him out of his thoughts. He looked next to him and saw someone looking at him. It was a guy, a very good-looking guy. Kyungsoo wasn't exactly sure if the person was talking to him and he just looked at the person for a bit.

„Are you new here? I've never seen you here before." The guy asked, looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just nodded slowly.

„Hey! My name is Kim Jongin, but I prefer to be called Kai." Kai said, smiling a friendly smile at Kyungsoo.

„Hi. My name's Kyungsoo." He replied, quietly.

„So, when did you join this school?"

„Yesterday"

„Oh, I wasn't in school for 2 weeks because I got sick, so just making sure." Kai said and Kyungsoo just nodded in reply.

„Are you okay?" Kai asked, looking a bit worried. Kai thought that Kyungsoo looked sad, really sad and he wanted to help out if there's something wrong. Kyungsoo just nodded in reply, again.

„Did the people here bully you?" Kai asked. Kyungsoo was a bit suprised and taken a back by the question. Was this something that happened often? Kyungsoo didn't answer and just looked away from Kai.

„The people here do at often to new students, just because they can. I'm sorry I wasn't in school yesterday. I could've stopped it. I knew I needed to come to school yesterday." Kai said, a frown on his face.

Kyungsoo was about to reply, but the bell rang and the teacher came inside, so he couldn't speak.

Kyungsoo was currently at his locker, putting some books inside.

„Hey there!" Someone said. Kyungsoo closed his locker and looked at the direction of the voice and saw Kai standing there next to him, with a smile on his face.

„Hey." Kyungsoo replied.

„So, it's currently lunch break so do you want to come and have lunch with us?" Kai asked, hoping that Kyungsoo will agree.

„Us?" Kyungsoo asked.

„Me and my other friends."

„Umm, sure." Kyungsoo agreed a bit hesitatingly.

The two made their way to the cafeteria, ordered their food and then Kai led Kyungsoo to a table with ten guys sitting there.

„Hey guys!" Kai greeted, before sitting down.

„Hello." Kyungsoo said and then sat down aswell.

„This is Kyungsoo. He joined the school yesterday." Kai introduced his newly made friend. The ten guys happily greeted Kyungsoo back and then they all introduced themselves.

„Hi! I'm Baekhyun." A guy wearing eyeliner said.

„I'm Chanyeol." A tall guy introduced himself, smiling widely.

„My name is Kim Junmyeon, but I prefer Suho." One of them simply said.

„I'm Sehun!" A guy drinking bubble tea introduced himself.

„Kris!" Anoter tall guy said.

„Hey! I'm Luhan." Another one introduced himself.

„I'm Xiumin." Another introduced himself, while eating.

„Hey, I'm Chen!" Another one said, smiling.

„And I'm Lay." The last person introduce himself.

During lunch the others asked Kyungsoo multiple questions.

„Why did you transfer schools?"

„My last school was awful."

„What do you like to do?"

„I like to sign and cook."

„Wow, can you sing something, now? For us!"

„No!" Kyungsoo liked singing, but he didn't know if he was any good and he

wasn't about to sing in the cafeteria, when the entire school could hear him.

„Have you ever had a girlfriend or ... boyfriend?"

„No, I haven't." Kyungsoo replied, he never had a friend, getting a girlfriend or

boyfriend was impossible for him.

The others asked multiple other questions and Kyungsoo was happy that he finally made some friends, he was happy that there were finally people who didn't bully or ignore him.

Although the first day of school wasn't good the second one ended up being one of the best days of his life. Kyungsoo was happy, and for the first time in years, he was truly happy.