Lost In Language

[Open on the Owl House living room, where Luz is reading from The Good Witch Azura 5 to King while Lena is writing a song for the next episode.]

Luz: "Azura," Hecate began. "Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally." [Sighs.]

King: Luz, you're getting all swoony again.

Lena: Let her have it King.

Luz: Lena's right. I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power.

Lena: Well, I can help with that.

King: Rivals are meant to be annihilated, not befriended. Now keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom.

Lena: You'll understand. [Gets back to writing her new song.]

Luz: Okay. Suddenly the door swung open.

Hooty: [Swings the door open.] Ding-dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!

King: The book has come to life! Burn it!

Lena: King. Relax. It's just Hooty.

[Luz goes to the door and finds a basket.]

Luz: Hmm?

Lena: What is it?

Luz: A package.

[Cut to the kitchen.]

Lena: Eda, you got a package. It looks like a gift basket.

Eda: Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful in the has its perks.

[King, a bib now tied on, grunts as he pulls a blanket off the top of the basket, revealing a snoring baby bat.]

King: [Rubbing his paws together.] Mm. Fresh meat.

Luz: No, not eating that.

Lena: King! No!

Eda: Witches eating babies is so 1693. What is this?

King: There's a note. [Grabs it.] Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi.

Eda: Nope. Babies are awful. Not happening.

King: "You will be handsomely rewarded. X-O-X-O-X-O-X. Bat Queen."

Eda: Bat Queen?

[King pulls a few out of the basket. Eda's eyes widen.]

Eda: Reward?

Luz: Who's the Bat Queen?

Lena: She must be a ruler. Isn't she?

[King sniffs the snails.]

Eda: She's the wealthiest demon on the Boiling Isles. Get in with her and you're set for life. [Takes one of the snails.] So, we keep this thing alive for a few hours and we get paid. Pfft. Easy.

Lena: Taking care of little ones is not easy than you think.

Eda: What do you mean?

Lena: As soon as they are left in your care, anything can happen. Even crying. Sometimes, when babies get upset, it means they're hungry. But, be careful! Feeding time can get messy. Sometimes, there's crying. After feeding, bath time is a must!

King: Sounds fun!

Lena: Except that sometimes, there's crying. 

Luz: Our greatest adventure yet! Learning about love and life through a child's eyes.