Chapter 10

Chapter 10

                                                                               *Chastity*

“All you girls!” I called out standing up on the teacher’s desk, “Meet me in the cafeteria in the break…I've something to discuss with you.”

“Chas,” Tiana looked up nervously at me, “get down before the teacher comes.”

“Chill woman,” I rolled my eyes getting off the table.

I was used to the look people gave me usually. It was clear everyone thought I was crazy and should be probably locked in dungeons and never let out. Especially Stacy, I could see her wide eyes staring at me.

“What are you up to now little devil?” Zack asked me as I dusted my old tattered jeans. They really annoyed the hell out of my mother…the jeans I mean. She had still not given up the hope of me turning into a girly girl, as if that could ever happen. Every time Stacy and her family came over to house for dinner mum darted her eyes nervously from Stacy to me wondering how come I didn’t turn out like Stacy. They were family friends. I’m sure mum would've traded me with Stacy any moment. Maybe we got exchanged in the hospital by mistake. What if Stacy is really my mum’s real daughter?

I guess I shouldn’t say such mean things about my own mother she isn’t really that bad. She is really nice whenever she’s not forcing me to be all prissy. She should just accept the fact I would never be a blonde bimbo like dear Stacy.

“Come one let’s go now…you will get in trouble,” Tiana pulled my arm.

“It’s hard for me to stay away from trouble,” I grinned as Tiana shook her head in despair.

“Why did you call up all the girls in the cafeteria anyways?” she asked curiously sitting down on her seat.

“You have to wait for that baby,” I winked at her mysteriously.

“Chastity Lane, I’m your current best friend so you've to tell me.”

“Why are you emotionally black mailing me?” I sighed. These girls really…if they don’t get their way they use their secret weapon which is emotional black mailing.

“Fine don’t tell me,” she frowned and flipped her pretty blond hair. I wished I could be that pretty, I mean I could see guys sighing as she flipped her hair. Well, who needs boys anyway? They are all losers. I could never picture myself falling in love. What is love? It’s just a case of wild teenage hormones.

“Chas,” Eric came up to me and said nervously.

“Yeah?” I looked up at him.He was standing there clutching a notebook close to himself.

He touched his curly brown hair nervously, “I---eh.”

“What?” I snapped at him getting a bit irritated. I hated it when people got all nervous while talking to me as if I was going to eat them up or something.

“Yes Eric?” Tiana flashed her eyes at me and asked the boy kindly.

What a dork, seriously.

Eric extended the notebook towards me, “You said that you were having some problems in solving maths questions. Here, take this I solved them all for you.”

I felt a little guilty all of a sudden. I am not as hard hearted as I look. Sure, I don’t take crap from anyone but it wasn’t nice of me to talk to a kind guy like that; a boy who was nice enough to help me with my studies.