Chapter 30

Note: Oh my God I can’t believe that I am writing the 30th chapter! Thanks for staying with me guys :)

                                                                                  Chapter 30

“Will you stop drinking?” I pulled on Chas’ tee shirt.

“I just started girl,” she grinned sloppily holding on to her plastic beer glass.

“You know what Blaze will do to you once he sees you clinging like a leech to your cup?”

“Blah…that boy is no fun!” she shook her head. “Go find Blaze before he finds us…I don’t want him to see me. He will nag me to death.”

“Please don’t lose your senses,” I pleaded and left her alone to find Blaze.

Finding Blaze was indeed a difficult task. He had gone to get some punch for me and Chas. A delighted Chas started to binge on beer as soon as her brother had gone. I pushed teenagers grinding against each other aside to look for my boyfriend. Mostly everyone was dancing on music played by the DJ. Yes, there was a DJ. Not a big surprise because Vivienne could easily afford that.

I finally found Blaze standing close to the DJ telling him something. Curiously, I started to move towards him. Blaze looked up from the DJ and signalled me to stop. A cute smile was spread across his face.

“I just requested a song for us,” he said bending down on knees as people moved away from us amused looking at Blaze.

“Can I have the first dance?” he stretched out his hand towards me.

It was just like I had dreamt. I could melt looking at the incredibly sweet expression on Blaze’s face. This was my fairytale which was coming true. I had never thought I would experience the feeling I felt whenever I was around Blaze.

I held his hand and helped him to stand up, “I would love that.”

He held my waist as the song “As the world falls down” by David Bowie started to play in the background. According to me it was the perfect song for us; so romantic and sweet. I swayed to the dance beats with him as everyone around us smiled. I could see the "Aww how cute they look" experession on their faces. But my eyes were on Blaze instead of the bystanders...how could I concentrate on anyone else? I was experiencing the most perfect moment of my life. Blaze looked more handsome than a prince and he was definately more charming as well.

I could feel the song seeping into my veins. It made me forget everything; even about the people standing around me. I felt like a girl in a crystal ball dancing with her prince. My hands wrapped around his neck as he tightened the grip on my waist. I could have been wearing a ballroom gown instead of the short dress and Blaze could have been dressed in men's tail suit and ballroom shoes. In my mind I felt like it was a scene from another era.

After a while couples around us gathered to have their own romantic dance.

It was perfect. He kissed the top of my forehead and spun me around. Blaze was a good dancer; a hot guy who dances well; what more can you ask for?

We danced for quite a while and then I remembered about Chas. I wondered if it was wise for me to leave her alone. It seemed as if she had a huge appetite for alcohol. She had been drinking like there was no tomorrow. I had left because I didn’t want Blaze to see her drinking.

“Ah Blaze…we need to find Chas.”

“Oh…I completely forgot about her. Where is she?”

“She met someone from school so she was talking to that person.” I hated to lie to Blaze but I couldn’t help it as I didn’t want Chas to get into trouble.