Chapter Four - First Day At Work

{A/N: Clarification to Y/N's motivation}

(Skip if the story is already clear for you, but it's nice to recap ^^)

I've been told that Y/N's motivation isn't as clear so I'm here to clarify.

He doesn't really pinpoint his motivation, not until he gets with Rebecca and when everything goes to shit.

In the beginning, he really doesn't have any goals or dreams BUT rather having someone to talk to (like a friend or family) from what he mentioned in Chapter 2 and finding his mother's killers, which he did. He learns that it was accidental and unintentional, plus there were bigger fish to fry such as the Arasaka Corp. 

Y/N is convinced and he is important. He doesn't want the world in Arasaka's hands.

Later on, he is sent on missions and grew with the group. Having Dorio as a mother figure, David like a brother, etc.

So in his early motivations/goals, he has gotten both.
He found his mother's killers but it was all an accident and unintentional,and they deeply apologized, instead he befriends them and the whole group including Rebecca.

Till everything goes bad of course.

New motivations:
- Y/N gets with Arasaka and Militech due to his friends and basically the world.
- A possible future with him and Rebecca so...

He needs to keep her alive.

(credit: natsuki from pixiv)

Extra info: The hero's stuff with Y/N and his mother is foreshadowing. That's all I am gonna say.

His relation with Lisa Siren, Lisa does care for him and Y/N doesn't think that. It will be a big deal later on and it will be explained better in the climax.

Hopefully, that made things clear.

And I am adjusting all the chapters. So you know who actually is talking.

Example: [Y/N]: | [Rebecca]: | [Dorio]:

Enough said, enjoy Chapter Four!

_______________________________________

[system online]
.
..
...

[entering third-person]

(crowd cheering)

[Maine]: Say hello to Arasaka Corporation's driver and bodyguard... Maxim.

 Maxim