Chapter 3 - First Complete Surgery

Jungkook was standing in the operation theatre his mask and gloves were on...waiting for Jin to come in and start the surgery... In the meantime he decided to study patient's details because it is the most important thing to before starting with any medical procedure...

Patient Chart

Name: Lee Sung-mi

Gender: Female

Age: 39

Illness: Ischemic stoke

Cause: Blood clot and Cholesterol plaque build-up

Past medical history: None

Recommendation: Open Thrombectomy

(Note: The surgeon guides surgical instruments such as a catheter or thin metal wires through a large blood vessel in the patient’s groin to reach the brain vessels, using contrast dye to identify the problematic blood vessel without opening up the skull. The procedure is most commonly used on patients with a blood clot in a brain artery, a cerebral aneurysm (a weakened and bulging area in an artery wall) or a ruptured aneurysm that causes bleeding into the brain.)

"Ah it's an easy surgery to perform" Jungkook said out loud "I know you are good but that's clearly an overconfidence" he heard a voice behind and turned around to come face to face with none other than Dr. Kim SeokJin... The man was also fully dressed in surgical gown, gloves, mask and cap... "I wasn't being overconfident... I just meant as compared to other surgeries this one is quite easy" Jin narrowed his eyes at Jungkook he knows that the younger doctor is really good at his job but still in their profession things can never be 'easy'... "Really, then how about you perform this surgery all by yourself"

Jungkook's eyes widened at the older's word "B-but Dr. Kim I - I have never done complete neuro surgery" of course he never did Jungkook is still an intern he have performed various Small surgeries on his own but bigger ones are always done by senior surgeons and he assist them... "Then I guess this is your chance... Don't worry I will take the full liability of this surgery if anything happens it's on me also don't waste time the clock is ticking it's already been 4 hours since she got stroke" Jin stated if only Jungkook could see the smirk behind the mask of Older's face... Jungkook closed his eyes took a deep breath before opening his eyes once again "Okay... Let's do it"

Warning ⚠️ Surgical procedure ahead you can skip if you want...

Jungkook took the X-ray to closing examine a position where he have to make an incision... Local anaesthesia was already given to numb the area where surgery would be done... when Jungkook took the scalpel in his hand Jin saw how younger's eyes were focused and determined... Jin have worked with many surgeons but there have been only two people before Jungkook who held this type of determination in their eyes... (A/n: all doctors are amazing it's just fictional please remember that) Jungkook made an incision in the groin to advance a catheter through an artery to the clot. "Stent" Jungkook said taking his hand out and nurse handed him the retriever...

Then he slid a stent-retriever into the catheter, to trap and encase the blood clot... Time to time Jungkook asked for the required instruments and nurse kept giving him the needful... Jin was only observing the entire process with small smile... But when he was removing both the stent and the blockage from the blood vessel nurse bumped into him causing him to stumble and losing his hold on the stent. Jin and Jungkook's eyes widened when uncontrollable amount of blood started flowing out of the skull... Jin decided to take the charge in his own hand... but Jungkook stopped him "please let me do this" Jin thought for second but nodded his head...after a little struggle Jungkook managed to stop the bleeding and removed the clot... restoring the blood supply... Both the surgeons waited to monitor the improvement... "I am extremely sorry Dr. Jeon I - I" nurse held tears in his eyes and he was stuttering a lot... "Just leave Danny... don't think too much about it" Jin said still looking at the monitor...

*SURGERY ENDED*

"She would make it... Come on let's go I will ask the staff to shift her in ICU" Jin said while walking out of the OT... Right now they were in the cleaning room that was right next to the OT... They threw the mask and gloves in dustbin and removed their gowns... Jungkook was washing his hand thinking of what happened in the operation theatre few minutes ago...He bit his lips realizing this is what Jin was actually talking about... Being confident is good but you are not their to show off your skills... Someone's life is in your hand and little mistake by you or your assisting staff can take that life away... He squeezed his eyes shut at the thought of becoming a reason of someone's death...

A hand on his shoulder startled him "Relax Dr. Jeon she is fine" Jin gave him a reassuring smile "and also you did a great job there... You not only have magical hands but a great presence of mind" Jungkook gave him a weak smile "Thank you but now I know what you meant by 'overconfidence is not good' and I almost screwed up the surgery" Jin shook his head "Honestly speaking it wasn't your fault... If anything it was me who should have performed the surgery because even if you are good you are still an intern and it wasn't really nice of me to let you perform the entire surgery just to prove my point... So, I am sorry for putting you in such situation" Jungkook looked at Jin for a brief moment and thought "He is so nice... why was I mad at him on the first place? Oh right because of Min Yoongi" as if his thoughts were heard by the devil Yoongi came out of nowhere and tapped on SeokJin's shoulder...

"Ahhh oh Yoongichi how many times I have told you not to scare me like this" Jin playfully scolded Yoongi who rolled his eyes "I was looking for you the whole time... Where have you been?" Jin glared at him "Just so you know Dr. Min I am a surgeon here and I had a surgery to perform well technically speaking I watched and Jungkook performed the entire surgery on his own" Yoongi's eyes widened and for the first time he noticed the presence of another doctor "You allowed him an intern to perform the entire surgery? Are you out of your mind?" Yoongi whisper-yelled at Jin who pouted in return "What is wrong with me performing in the surgery?" Jungkook is done with Yoongi's annoying behaviour he is an intern but he still can perform better surgeries compared to many experienced surgeons...

Yoongi glared at Jungkook "Everything is wrong with an intern performing a complete surgery... They aren't qualified enough to take the complete charge even though they think they are world class surgeons they still are fucking Newbies that's the reason why you stay in 5 years of residency" Jin placed a hand on Yoongi's shoulder trying to calm him down... "I am sorry Yoongichi I know you don't trust interns after- I will not do that again" Jin had tears in his eyes and Yoongi signed he cupped Jin's face and wiped the tears away with his thumbs "I am sorry Jinnie... I shouldn't have shouted at you" Jin smiled at Yoongi's word... "Why are you here?" "Oh right... I completely forgot... Let's go in my cabin" Jin looked at him in confusion "Why?" Yoongi rolled his eyes... "I need you... Come on let's go"

They both went away leaving a very confused young doctor behind "What the fuck am I invisible or something also what does he mean by I need you... I know this marriage is only for a year and I hate him but he is still my husband... can't he control his hormones or at least not say all this in front of a person who just got ditched not even 24 hours ago?" Jungkook said it out loud... "Then why don't you go and cock block them?" A voice came behind Jungkook  startling him "Holy fuck who are you?" He looked at the person who was standing in the corner "and for how long you have been standing there?" He heard the person chuckle "Long enough to know that an intern performed full surgery and also that your husband pulled his fellow doctor to his cabin saying 'I need you'..."

"Who are you again?"

"Y/n.... Dr. Kim Y/n"

*No proofread*