First Day, Last Bus Ride.

You find Eddie tinkering around with some buttons in a small building labeled 'Mic Shack'.
He pokes and prods every surface until the savory scent of popcorn reaches his nose.

Before he can even speak, Venom pops over his shoulder and yanks the bag.

"Venom!
What did I say!?" You exclaim.

"Uh oh.."

"Uh oh is right, mister.
Sorry Y/N, it won't happen again."

You can smell the bullshit in that statement.
Unfortunately, you can't stay much longer.
Can't be late on the first day!

"Whatever, later!
I'm.watching.you." You say, glaring at them as you walk through the door.

You can briefly hear Eddie sigh in relief as the door shuts behind you.
You begin finding your way to a roller coaster that's apparently been under management for quite some time.
Something about the old guy quitting?
Whatever!
It shouldn't be that hard for you.

You hum a little ditty as you walk along paved paths covered with garbage and vomit stains.
You recall your last trip to an amusement park of sorts and find yourself not remembering much at all.
Wait, have you actually ever been to an amusement park?
Never mind!

You quickly locate a large colorful coaster in the center of the park.
It's que is empty with a sign showing it to be under construction.
You walk inside the 'employee only' door and down a corridor just on the outskirts of the ride.
Just by observing the track, you can see several problems that would keep it from running.
Unfortunately, however, there isn't much you can do without certain tools.
You sigh, leaving to do a check up on the other rides.

On your way to a spiny ride, an announcement is made; you stop to hear Eddie..

"Ladies and Gentlemen, a show is about to begin!
Head to Toon Town, past the teacups, and grab yourself a seat!
Admission is free and A-MAZING!!" He says over the speakers.

You feel a smile creep on your face as you giggle over the sound.
Some people began following his instructions while others continued to do their own thing.
You feel your face heat up like one of those lava lamps you saw as a kid.
A stupid reference but it made you daze off into the past.
You remember why you wanted this career path.
This life.
This story.
No matter how hard it got, you always have people on your side.
Or-..you guess you have an alien now too!

Your day goes by pretty uneventful.
The worse thing that happened was a cotton candy machine malfunctioning.
You were meant to be working on coasters, but, with inflation and all, it's not like the park can just give you some parts.
You basically just spent the whole day punching numbers and finding solutions.
Needles to say, Eddie had a hell of day compared to you.

"Y/N!"

"Eddie, hey.."

Your first day of work has come to an end and all you can think about is numbers.
Your intimate roommate-...friend?
Whatever!
He's pretty pumped up when you see him.

"So, did I hit the nail?
Best job ever, right??"

"Yeah.
Thanks again."

"Np.
Whaddysay we blow this joint?" He jokes in his announcer voice.

You laugh before giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Sounds good.
I think we deserve to celebrate."

Though you tell him this nonchalantly, you briefly see his face flush a bright red.
Did..does he really like you?
You admit, it's nice to have him around, and...you're in no position to complain about the other things.
Part of you just hopes that it isn't too good not to last.