Chapter 1: New Live

After going through the difficult Deepsea Metro challenges, nearly getting blended, fighting a brain-washed 3, and finally taking on tar-tar in a final battle.

Looking at the now destroyed human statue, 8 sighed in relief, the tension finally leaving his body. Turning back to his companions, Marina tackled hugged Pearl, Cap'n Cuddlefish was going a little victory dance, and Agent 3, who had regained consciousness was now looking up at Agent 8 with wonder.

Seeing 3, a light pink blush bloomed across his cheeks as he beamed gently at her.

3 tried to stand but fell back down on her knees with a small whimper of pain and gently touched the back of her head. Her fingers brushed lightly against the edge of her wound, trying not to injure herself further.

8 rose from his side of the platform and walked over to 3. He held out his hand for her to grab, with her gratefully accepting it.

"Thanks," she said while he helped her up.

"Her hand is so warm..."

3 met 8's warm gaze, blue meeting warm gray, they stared at each other for a few more seconds till she cleared her throat.

"Uhh, could you... let go of my hand now?"

"Sorry," he said letting go of her hand.

"Ahh, Agent 3! Good to see you up and at'm bucko!" Cuddlefish said with his usual cheerful attitude.

She nodded at him.

"Oh, I almost forgot! Agent 3, meet the newest recruit of the Splatoon team Agent 8. This lad got us out of that crummy place and helped save the world!"

That said agent smiled and gave a little wave at her.

"Hopefully, you two will become good friends!"

Marina had finally released Pearl from her tackle hug and was now in a conversation with 8.

"Welcome to Inkopolis 8!"

"If there's anything you need or need help with just come and ask us!"

"Marina, we should totally throw a welcome to Inkopolis party for him!"

"Oh yes! That way he can get out and make more friends!"

Meanwhile, 8 looked towards the deep orange skies. It had become morning in Inkopolis, the view looking downright breath-taking from where they all stood. He observed the milky white clouds gently drifting across the slow river of orange chasing away the dark blue and fading stars, the morning light reflecting off the building's glass.

"Enjoying the view?"

3 came beside him.

"Yeah, it's all so amazing! I never imagined seeing something like this and now I get to live with this every day." he dreamily said while wiping away a tear.

She couldn't help but smile at his comment.

"Welcome to the surface and Inkopolis 8."

9 months later...

Beep Beep Beep Beep

*click*

3 groggily opened her eyes as she withdrew her hand from her alarm clock, the illuminated numbers on the clock reading 9:01 a.m.

She shifted a yawn as she lazily got out of bed and sluggishly made her way into the bathroom, as she started brushing her teeth she paused when she caught her reflection in the bathroom mirror. Using her free hand, 3 gently brushed the right side of her face grazing the scar that was a few cms away from her ear.