19. I Was Made For Lovin' You

A paper rustled under my foot as I walked through the hall at the end of the day. I looked down to find a flyer advertising the upcoming prom. I didn't want to admit it to Eddie, but a small part of me really wanted to go to prom. In the past I never would have dreamt of attending prom with my boyfriend, but it was actually a possibility now. Knowing Eddie though, he would be totally against it. Just another opportunity for the popular kids to outshine the rest. I'm sure he wouldn't want any part of it. After quickly reading through the flyer, I crumpled it up, tossed it in the garbage can, and made my way out to the parking lot.

I met Eddie at his van. We were planning on going straight to his place after school since Nancy was planning on covering for me. "Ready?" Eddie asked with a grin.

"Very." I replied with the same enthusiasm.

Our plan was to go to his place, hang out for a bit, and eat dinner before loading up his gear and heading to his gig. We would meet the rest of Corroded Coffin there. 

For dinner, Eddie made us a box of mac and cheese. Something simple, but good. Just what I expected.

After we ate, Eddie excused himself to get dressed for his concert. While I waited, I looked around the trailer. My eyes landed on a small picture of a young Eddie standing next to his uncle. He was so cute when he was a little kid and I couldn't help my mind from imagining what our kids would look like. I snapped out of my fantasy when I heard Eddie call my name.

As I walked into his bedroom, he threw a t-shirt at me. I opened it up to reveal a white t-shirt with "Corroded Coffin" written on it with a black permanent marker. Eddie had clearly made it himself, and had spent a decent amount of time making the lettering look just right. I had never appreciated just how artistic he was.

"I thought maybe you might want to wear something else to the show tonight." Eddie suggested.

"That was sweet of you." I replied. "I'll put it on now."

Eddie looked at me timidly. "I can look away or step out for a minute." He offered.

I contemplated what he said. "That's okay." I said while looking directly at him.

As I removed my shirt and put on the one he had given me, Eddie's eyes never left my figure. Hardly a muscle moved in his body, but his jaw clenched as I swapped the shirts. Once I had the new shirt on, I turned to look in the mirror. "Perfect!" I smiled.

Eddie came up and hugged me from behind, then made eye contact with me through the mirror. "I couldn't agree more." 

After helping Eddie load his gear into the van, we made our way to The Hideout. The rest of the guys were already there by the time we arrived. I felt a little awkward as this was my first time really spending time with any of the guys outside of school. They each gave me a brief hello before unloading Eddie's gear and heading inside. 

I found a seat close to the stage and waited for them to finish setting up and begin. While I waited, I took in what was around me. There were very few people in the bar, less than ten for sure. Most of them seemed like the kind of guy who spent every night drinking their troubles away. It was a dank space, but I tried to focus on why I was there.

Eddie's voice boomed through the microphone. "Thanks for coming out tonight everybody. We are Corroded Coffin! Hope you enjoy." He then turned back to the band and they began their set.

I was happily surprised with how good they performed. Watching Eddie be in the zone was inspiring. Seeing somehow do something that they are so passionate about is a wonderful thing. Especially when that thing is playing the guitar because I would be lying if I didn't admit that he was extremely attractive in this moment.

After a few songs, Eddie returned to the microphone. "This next song is for someone very special who is joining us tonight." He looked towards me. "Y/N, this is for you."

I was so embarrassed. I wasn't one who liked attention and it felt ridiculous having him call my name out like that in a small bar filled with drunk middle-aged men. However, as soon as they started playing, my whole attitude shifted.

They began to play a cover of "I Was Made For Lovin' You" by Kiss. I recognized the song immediately and was filled to the brim with warmth and joy. There were not enough words to describe all the emotions I was feeling in that moment. All I knew was that I was the luckiest person in the world and I hoped Eddie knew what it meant to me.

When they concluded the song, I made a fool of myself applauding their performance loudly. Eddie blew me a kiss.

After their concert, as they were packing up, I joined them on stage. "That was so awesome you guys!" I complimented.

"Thanks Y/N!" Gareth replied. "Glad you could make it out."

"Me too." I said and then looked at Eddie with a smile. He smiled back.

Once they had finished cleaning up, Eddie and I got back into his van. "So am I taking you home, or are we going back to my place?" He asked.

For some reason I was surprised at the question. "Oh, um..." I debated on what to do. "Back to your place." I finally said confidently. Hopefully Nancy would remember just how many times I had covered for her and would come up with another excuse to give my mom. That's the best I could hope for anyway. 

Eddie looked at me with intrigue. "As you command." He replied exaggeratedly and then put the van into drive.

" He replied exaggeratedly and then put the van into drive