13

Darren, Quinni, Amerie and I walk into the library.

"Do you think I'm cursed to be orbited by moderately severe shitness for the rest of my life?" Amerie asks.

"Oh, um, if it's any consolation, I found this on the bus this morning," Darren says as they hold out a cigarette.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Amerie asks.

"Makes me feel better," Darren tells her.

"Amerie. Come with me," Woodsy tells her.

Darren, Quinn, and I walk towards the SLTs room. There's yellow police tape over the door.

"Who got murked?" Darren asks.

We walk through the tape into the room. One of the tables is flipped over on the ground. Written on the new map is "Miss Obah Fucked Amerie." Miss Obah walks in and looks shocked to see what we see.

Everyone is standing around at a table in the courtyard. No one has told us anything about what's happening.

"What do you reckon eh?" Ca$h asks.

"I mean, it makes sense. JoJo's a clit banger," Spider says. "She's always asking Amerie to stay back after class."

"Yeah, to tidy up," Darren tells him. "Not to get some trim. Jesus."

"The whole thing is bullshit," I state.

"Why do you think the person who made the accusation wants to stay anonymous?" Sasha reasons.

"If someone's made this up, it's a messed-up thing to do," Missy states.

"Yeah, but why would someone even do that?" Ant asks.

"Yeah, nice one, Harps," Spider says. "Really outdone yourself this time."

"Leave it, man, at least SLTs is canceled," Dusty tells him. "Oi."

Amerie and her mum are walking through the courtyard.

"Here comes the minge-muncher," Spider remarks.

"Babes," Darren says.

Amerie throws her hands up.

"Walk of shame," Spider whispers.

I elbow him in the side. We watch as Miss Obah is escorted out of the school by a cop. This is such bullshit.

Darren, Quinni, and I meet Amerie at Harry's after school. Amerie is shoving food in her mouth looking pretty upset. Darren clears their throat.

"JoJo doesn't deserve this," Amerie states.

"Neither of you do," Darren assures. "I did not think Harper would go this far."

"Yeah, she's lower than a snake's asshоlе," Amerie says. "No one at school believes it, right?"

"No, of course not," I tell her.

"I'd rather hear it from you than some dickhead in the quad tomorrow," Amerie says.

"It's just the usual gossip course," Darren assures.

"Half the stuff they're saying is so out there, it's practically fantasy," I add.

"Just tell me," Amerie demands.

"You scissored in the science lab, used a glue stick as a strap-on and your safe word is cat-flap," Darren tells her.

"And Martelle said you finger banged behind the vaulting horse, but we all know that's because she has a gymnastics fetish," I add.