20

Darren, Quinni, Amerie, and I are sitting in a booth at Harry's. We're watching a thread about how Amerie is a terrible person. It was started last night.

"Some random calling themselves "Bird Psycho" started it last night," Darren explains. "It already has 47 comments."

"Fifty now," Quinni states.

"I mean why count them all," I offer.

"Some of them might be fake," Darren offers.

"Right, you'd never accuse someone of fingering their dog," Quinni reasons.

"The point of running for captain was to prove I'm a good person and now I don't have a chance," Amerie states.

"Which is why we have to figure out who Bird Psycho is fast," Quinni argues.

"Well according to this thread, it could be one of 50 people who think I'm a dumb bitch," Amerie offers.

"As your vice-captain, it's my duty to ensure our campaign runs as smoothly as possible," Quinni tells her. "I'm launching an official investigation to unmask the psycho."

Amerie looks to Darren for help.

"What? It makes her happy," Darren tells her.

Darren's phone rings and they flip it over ignoring the call.

"You can't keep avoiding him," I state.

"I can't stop thinking about what Chook said," Darren explains.

"That's why you need to talk to him," Amerie offers.

"And say what?" Darren questions. "If he did do it, we are done. And if he didn't and I accuse him, we may as well be done."

"So you're just gonna avoid the conversation completely," I state.

Darren sighs. "What?"

Even though SLTs is no longer mandatory, my friends and I are all still going. We stand with Jojo.

"Okay. Well, I am really glad to see you all." Jojo laughs nervously. "I was kind of worried no one would show up. And I'm pleased to see some new faces too."

"Still your SLTs, Miss," Amerie tells her.

"I thought you'd be too busy with your campaign to make time for sexual literacy," Sasha remarks.

The door opens and Harper rushes in.

"You okay, Harps?" I ask her.

She nods her head. Amerie wraps her arm around Harper.

"Well, I hope that making it an elective means we can have more constructive and healthy discourse about sеx and sexual..." Jojo starts. Darren raises their hand. "Yeah?"

"Oh! Now that it's just us girls, I was thinking maybe we could discuss why straight men don't know how to wash their arseholes properly," Darren offers.

"I am really glad you stayed, Darren," Jojo tells them.

Zoe raises her hand.

Jojo nods. "Yeah?"

"I'd like to commend you for inviting other less sex-obsessed students into this class to shift it away from being an echo chamber," Zoe says.

Her little group snaps for her.

"Oh. Thank you," Jojo says.

Darren leans into Missy. "Come get your cousin, please."

"Uh, racist much?" Sasha remarks. "Not all Black fellas are related."