4 - Death Watch

"I miss my family...", a fleece-covered girl walks with her head laid low. She was walking slowly, seeming to be in a depressed state.

Each step she had on the grass was silent as dark thoughts plague her mind.

Her family, after all, had been killed in an attempt to stop a prophecy. Not only her family, but her entire people. Even with the power of the Red Crown, she cannot resurrect her entire people. It simply wasn't doable.

She had gotten a grave reminder from a malicious red-haired being who wanted the life of her predecessor as a vessel.

On, she walked, as the sky was cloudy and the winds were cold.

She sat on a tree stump, not seeing that someone was sitting on the same stump.

"..."

A black-haired, cat-eared boy dressed in a white robe with a red streak down the middle was about to eat his food.

He had made his other aggregates food and finally decided to take a break.

The boy looked at her, curious, yet not knowing how to completely understand or console her.

He only stared at her, his eyes focusing on her sad expression. His third eye is closed for the moment.

Suddenly, she begins to shed tears, disturbing and shocking the boy.

"T-Taliah, what is wrong? " The boy asked in an estranged accent.

She sniffles as her shoulders heaved up and down.

"I-... I miss my family..."

She was weeping. It wasn't the loud sobbing that one would expect.

Instead, it was quiet, like her cries were private.

Still, the boy felt like he had to say something. His heart was feeling heavier every second that passes.

"F-... For the record, it wasn't my fau-" The boy was cut off.

"Does it look like I give a shit about whose fault it was?!" The white-haired crown-bearer shouted at him. Now, she was sobbing audibly. Her hands turned into tight fists that clamped her knees.

"Because of your prophecy, my family, my friends, everyone I had ever loved, was killed! Because of your selfishness, they're all dead!" She vents out her frustrations at the One Who Waited.

After all, he was the one that caused the sacrificial genocide of her people.

She gasps, suddenly realizing her foolishness.

"No... I'm-... sorry. It wasn't your fault... You just wanted to survive..."

The boy's heart became heavier. His breathing sounded harder like it was difficult to breathe.

It was as if his very soul was being stung by sharp blades. It weighed heavier on his heart, although he wasn't exactly sure why.

"I... am sorry, Taliah... You are right... I am selfish." The boy held his bowl of food, untouched, as he hasn't taken a bite yet.

His ego failed to cope with this, so he relents his pride.

Now, he was once again reminded of his stay in this group of Taliah's. Everyone was nice to him despite him nearly killing them all.

It made his heart ache even more now that he sees the one whose kindness knew no bounds saddened.

He hands her his Modest Mixed Meal. It was actually the only decent type of food he could make. It had salmon, pumpkin, and meat ingredients in it.