21 - Oblivion Ingress

Squeaky rolling wheels of the stretcher carry Ellen, rushing with haste towards DEM's medical bay. Passed out from the onslaught, the rapid-response team wheeled her in and hooked her up to a machine as soon as they transferred her to the laying platform.

A neat plasteel-like apparatus with a decisively cylindrical, pod-like feature abates Ellen's bodily stresses. A moment of respite to invoke clarity was needed. The battle against the unexpected black and blue maw had drawn blood from the best Wizard of Deus Ex Machina.

"Hayden, get the doctor and the surgeons! We can only stabilize her with this for now!" The commander equivalent barked orders loudly. 

"Son of a— Eric, how the hell did the best Wizard end up like this? Fuck!" The lieutenant equivalent voiced out, rushing away to get the medical staff.

"Before we can accelerate her healing with the Realizers, we need to make sure there's nothing wrong with her body or the healing might get a little messy!" The commander barked, rattled.

The air reeks of all the blood Ellen has lost as they try to disengage the realize through the implant in her head, the captain of the bunch taking out a device to connect with it to bypass the genetic coding bond with the CR-Unit.

---

Isaac: "It's a shame that Ellen won't be joining me today, but these results... speak for themselves."

In his office, Isaac reviews the scenes of the battle against Shido Itsuka, taking notes with a wry grin on his face to indicate his fascination.

Isaac: "Here, there is no Angel, but there are Spirit waves that say he's emitting Monarch's Reiryoku. His attitude—it wasn't like what Ellen reported."

He scoffs.

Isaac: "Then hypothetically, this particular Angel... Once you wear it for long enough, it assimilates with you. That would mean that the Angel is parasitic in nature, needing a host."

He taps the screen and more scenes pop up, displaying Monarch and Diva, with Monarch seemingly not using her Angel but exuding Spirit waves with a slight deviation from her original.

Isaac: "This would mean that if I have the crown, I could accomplish my goal."

Looking at other screens, he sees the moment when Ellen struck a blow to his neck but was unable to retrieve her blade.

Isaac: "To deviate from the Laws of Physics... Then can the crown deviate from the laws of the world?"

Shido turned Inverse, a long-term goal that DEM has spent high investments in trying to harness the power of.

"T-uh—..."

A silent whisper comes from the Powers beholden to Isaac, her Iron Halo apparatus shaking in low charge.

Isaac: "Hm? Ah, yes. I forgot this was your first time reporting to me. Hmm, what was your name again? Nevermind that. It's not important."

"I... am..."