19 - Course Inversion

Tick of the clock.

"W̴̺͗h̷͔́à̷͉t̶̲̂ ̶͇͒a̶̬͘r̴̫͋ȅ̷̲ ̶̤͋y̵̳̕ô̸̜ȗ̶̹," said the Phantom's distorted form.

Blood hath fallen.

Drop.

Roll. Move.

Return.

"You don't want to know, false god."

And thus the false idol was swept into death.

"W̴̺͗h̷͔́à̷͉t̶̲̂ ̶͇͒a̶̬͘r̴̫͋ȅ̷̲ ̶̤͋y̵̳̕ô̸̜ȗ̶̹?"

"I shall not have this conversation again."

And thus the true one of death swept once more.

It was the third and the day brought darkness. There was ground, untilled, mistakes unknowingly done.

---

"W̴̺͗h̷͔́à̷͉t̶̲̂ ̶͇͒a̶̬͘r̴̫͋ȅ̷̲ ̶̤͋y̵̳̕ô̸̜ȗ̶̹?"

Another of the third marched, "How long have you been a Spirit?"

The Phantom grinned, amused.

"Ỵ̷̈́o̴̙͠ṵ̷̋ ̴͙̎d̶̙̉o̶͔͌ ̸̡̾n̸̜͋o̴̬̿ţ̴̍ ̵͚̚ḃ̵̖e̴̲͆l̶̛̥o̸̢̚n̵̾͜g̵͙̑ ̵̂ͅḧ̸͈́è̷̲r̸̢̉e̴̫̕.̶̺͑," she said caringly.

False smiles, false hope, yet hope will be projected.

"You... must not let her—!!"

---

To think a man would dress as a woman, blatantly deceiving the audience with some sort of audacious male with feminine traits—it disgusted the siren. Nevertheless, Miku was confident in her absolute victory when all participating schools' groups lined up on the stage.

After all, she knew the industry, she was molded by it and its crude nature. No one would be able to topple the experience and appeal that she had.

Miku: "Hmph, to think you tried to imitate the greatness of girls. You're such a disgusting man."

Shido: "I don't know what you mean, Miku~. I'm Shiori~."

Even the voice was born of artificial beauty, which irritated Miku, only being calmed down by her absolute confidence in winning.

Miku: "'Just you wait, you stupid, imbecile man! You should die for humiliating me and laying your dirty eyes on my Laura, and you will.' "

"In third place, Senjou High!"

Shido: "Wow, that's so amazing."

'Shiori' spoke with an artificial smile in that fake voice and that pretend attitude, causing MIku more irritation bordering on infuriating.

"Second place,..."

Miku, forgetting her anger for the moment, grinned with brimming confidence.

"Rindouji All-Girls Private Academy!"

Miku's confidence falls like a house built on a foundation of sand, turning anticipation into despair. She, who's the legendary mysterious idol Miku Izayoi, was bested by a mere man—one that threatened her, even!

The siren was an idol bested in her own game.

"First place, Raizen High!"

Shiori sneers at the siren, grinning with borderline sadistic delight.

Shido: "It turns out, people like a man who dresses up like a woman rather than a real woman. 'Not that the audience knew I was actually a guy. This is called being a femboy.' "