young forever

So everyone forgot me and Joji were a thing. Good. We can keep it a secret just as we intended.

    "We should go visit Tokyo." Ashton suggested.

    "But where would we go?" Kylie asked.

    "We can go to Disneyland; there's one in Tokyo." I put out there.

    And everyone agreed.

    We were driving in complete silence until Cooper turned on that goofy ahh Naruto outro and we explained to Joji about that inside joke we made about it and the beginning where it sounded like "GET OUTTT!"

    "Here, let me play something." I said as soon as it was over. I turned on a song that was my favorite at the time.

    "What's this?" Kylie asked.

    "It's 'tired of california' by Nessa Barrett." I told her. "It's my favorite song right now."

    "I like it! I like it! It's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard in my entire existence!!!!" Cooper was still drunk.

    "It's funny," George said. "Because it explains exactly what happened when I went to California, I told all of you."

    I turned on the whole album, "young forever", and Cooper was drunkenly jamming out, Kylie was staring off into space, and Ashton was probably thinking about how much he could relate to "madhouse", "talk to myself", "dear god", and those type of songs that were on there, and Joji was staring at me in the most wholesome way in the seat right next to me and smiling at me during the love songs like "die first", "forgive the world", and "decay", and I didn't take it as a sign because I already know that Joji likes me back; we confessed to each other last night, and that's when we finally became a thing.

     Honestly, it was pretty quick; Joji liking me like I love him. Like, I've loved him for almost a year, so that's alright. But he only saw me twice, and I guess his brain was all like "Oh mah gawd love at first sight", but I can't really say much; that's how Kylie was with me a long time ago. Long story.

    Still, I guess I must've really been something to Joji when he first looked at me. The man was probably drunk -- everybody's drunk -- and then it got to his head afterwards, because I was hella sleep deprived -- just like him -- and I had just woken up.

    Maybe he doesn't really love me. Maybe he just heard me say I love him and he didn't want to break my heart so he just lied and said he liked me back even though he -- probably -- doesn't. It's possible. As I said, I'm hard to love. Nobody has any kind of feelings of love for me. Except for Joji. I think.

    No. He wouldn't do that. Plus, he sounded like he really meant it. I don't know who or what to believe anymore. But I'm living my one-year-long dream, and he sounded pretty convincing. I sounded terrible just saying that. Besides, if it wasn't true, all those fake-ass "here's some celebrity and TikTok news nobody cares about except for doowits" internet news tabloids would've already ate it up by now.