ch3 xander's pov

Xander's pov

I looked up at the blushing red omega in front me and calmly answered "Xander". My name, I don't know how long I have been away from my pack last thing I remember was fighting with five warrior wolves alone.

I am still keeping an eye on the omega  while suspiciously sniffing my meal and eating it; I know he hasn't added anything out of normal because I watched him cook myself. I still found it weird about why an omega would save an alpha from enemy pack. Either he was too naive or planning something else.

Not matter what he was thin and weak looking and I can probably defeat him if he tries to do something. He was really thin and small about 5'4'' tall just like any other omega; though it looks like he is mistreated here because he lives alone in a poorly built house. He had fluffy light brown hair, pale face, black eyes and rosy cheeks from blushing. Though he  was under nourished but he still looked cute. He was still trying pronouncing my name as trying to see how it sounds.

I still very suspicious of him so I straightforwardly asked him.

" Why did you save me?" Giving him glare

He coughed and looked a little disappointed from my sudden question but he still answered brushing his hand through his hair

" I thought you would ask my name first."

I clicked my tongue in annoyance and he continued bringing his forward for a handshake

"I am Clive Rydes, nice to meet you and  the reason I saved you... Let's just say I have some of my personal reasons for that"

I was still unsatisfied with his answer but decided to shake hands and he looked anticipated for a second but then returned to his disappointed state.

" Why are you covered in scars and aren't you too young for fighting in the war?" He asked

"Nothing is fair in war and the scars are just a outcome of it. Anyways they'll heal just fine in a span of a week and being too young isn't an excuse to run from your responsibilities according to my father the Alpha of shadow claw pack"

I answered his question because I can tell he was genuinely really curious. He looked a little sad after listening to my answer and a little while after thinking deeply about something  he spoke.

"Isn't he too harsh on you?"

I was kind of surprised by his sudden concern, people have never really showed much interest in my affairs unlike him, they all wanted something from me. I scoffed at his statement and replied leaning myself on table.

"That damn old geezer doesn't care about anything except power. He even disregarded his own son and wife. I will always hate and blame him for my mother's death. All cares is about alpha prestige and would be least concerned about my disappearance"

The omega - Clive I think looked really heartbroken for a second but then he put on a really kind smile towards me and cheerfully said

"I know you'll be able to take revenge for your mother's death and find happiness in the future"

I was taken aback by his comment and slamed the table, I don't know what to feel nobody ever smiled or cheered me up ; I was mostly left alone so I don't know how to feel. I felt my heartbeat rise a little as I made my way to sit near the fireplace.