ch6 feelings

Xander's pov

I woke up to finding Clive gone again. He always wakes up early to leave for work and hunt. I have gotten used to his company and have started to enjoy it, he is just like a good friend I never had. My injuries also have almost healed and I have been thinking about returning to my pack.

But a small part inside me doesn't want to leave Clive. Over a span of few days we have become close to each other and I have grown accustomed to his warmth. My nightmares don't scare me as much now because I can hug Clive at night and he helps calm my breathing. Though I haven't explored much outside except that market visit because I can't put Clive in danger. I got up from the mattress and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I was thankful that Clive was using scent blockers or else it would have been difficult to control myself against his sweet pheromones. I looked myself in the mirror and noticed that I have grown a little taller it maybe because of my approaching 18 birthday. I can't wait for it because with me turning 18, I will become a much stronger alpha wolf.

I brushed my teeth and made my way to the kitchen and that's when I heard the door knob turn. I turned myself to face Clive who was breathing heavily after a successful hunting session. I smiled and made my way towards him. I wished him good morning and took the deer from his hands to cook.

All this while Clive was standing near the door awestruck and I smirked

"Would you stop admiring me and go wash yourself. I know I am handsome but you can admire me some other time." I said.

He stumbled and answered blushing

"Wh-o ssaid I was admi-ring you? Make the food ready while I take a quick shower. "

He pouted and stormed towards the bathroom.

I can't help but let out a laugh he looks too cute while being angry that I just want to hug him. I have noticed that I have started to like Clive a little bit. But have never addressed these feelings because it will only make things complicated.

I cut the meat and started boiling it. Living with Clive had taught me some cooking skills. Though I still can't cook as good as him but atleast it is eatable. I never thought that I'll get a chance to relax and learn to cook like this after my mother died. For this I'll be grateful towards Clive.

...................

We had finished our breakfast and are watching a action movie. It was getting boring and I was feeling drowsy so I put my head on Clive's shoulder which made his heart beat really fast. I couldn't help but wonder that did Clive actually start to like me because by noticing his small gestures it's not hard to tell that he feels something for me.

I finally mustered my courage and asked him

"You're eighteen right so haven't you met your mate?"

Clive looked shocked for a second but answered

"Eh? Why are you suddenly bringing that up but yes I have met him."

I don't know why but after hearing his answer I felt a little jealous and hurt and Clive had someone all this time.

But I still enquired further and asked him.

"So did he reject you and that's why you aren't with him? "

He sighed and replied

"It's nothing like that my mate doesn't even know that I am his mate and I don't think even if he know he would accept me."

I could see Clive was a little sad after answering it so I tried to cheer him up.

"Why are you so sure that he'll reject you. I mean you're sweet, kind and pretty"

This made Clive's eyes bright and happy

"Thanks" he said

He continued "your injuries have almost healed and it would be better for you to leave five days probably on Saturday because staying here longer would be a lot troublesome." He looked nervous and it felt like he is hiding something very important from me.

" Don't you want to celebrate your friend's birthday it's on Sunday and staying one more day won't harm anyone."

"No.'' He yelled and it caught me off guard. He never really seriously shouted at me and it made me even more suspicious. But I agreed with him because I don't want to make him unhappy.

I don't know why but with Clive I can't really stand him being sad or unhappy. I am usually a type of person who doesn't care about others but maybe Clive has a special place in my heart.