ch 8 separation

CLIVE'S POV

After Adrian and his friends were all done with their frustrations they spat on me and just walked away. I hated myself for not being able to defend myself but does it even matter now.

I was left all bruised and disgusted. I hated their lingering scent in the house. I slowly tried to get myself up that's when I heard the sound of door breaking. SHIT - I almost forgot that I locked Xander inside the bathroom this whole time. I can't let him see this shameful mess that I am in. Would he even accept his mate after all this? Or would he be disgusted?
This made me even more anxious and lost in my own thoughts until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I flinched and saw it was Xander and i calmed my breathing and tried acting cool and collected. I looked over my shoulder to see his reaction and prepared myself for the worst but his reaction stunned me. His eyes looked furiously mad but softened within a second. Now he looked like he was in pain. I could feel it from his pheromones he was feeling sad. I saw him reach out and scoop me up to take me towards the bathroom. I didn't resist him or I didn't have the strength to.

He carried me bridal style toward the shower and I leaned in on his chest to feel the comfort of my mate. He slowly supported my waist so that I could stand and turned on the shower. This whole while I was naked but I couldn't care much. I asked him to step outside because I needed a little time alone. He didn't say or ask anything and quietly left outside. I spent an hour cleaning and scrubbing myself as if it will clean their touches.

Then I dried myself and stepped outside wearing my pyjamas. I looked over and found Xander in the kitchen cutting an apple and apparently he has also cleaned the dirty blood stained floor tiles.

After cutting the apple he slowly approaches me and offers me some . After a few minutes of silence he finally decides to speak something.

"Since when did it start?" He asked. His  gaze was full of tenderness which melted. It's been a long while since someone showed their care for me. Maybe it's because we have became quite close friends recently.

I hmmed for a while and answered truthfully.
"They have been bullying me since junior year of high school but recently after when the war broke and Adrian was unable to find his mate he made me his target"

As I told him my whole past with Adrian and other pack members I could Xander's veins popping out in his forearm and he looked visibly upset I put my hand on his and tried to assure him that I was used to it. That's when he looked at me with disbelief.. Does he feel disgusted he was acting quite fine a while ago and it made me happy that he actually cared for me a little bit, was I wrong

Seeing my confusion he opened his  mouth and said

"I can help you move into my territory after I gained control of it. Then you can peacefully leave this place and a new life."

I was stunned by his words and my heart skipped a beat. My wolf became ecstatic that our mate wanted us to live with them. But I brushed it aside by thinking he might want to return his favor of me helping him.

"What I want is the downfall of this pack and I want the alpha to die that's how I'll feel satisfied" I said

I looked over to the clock to check the time and almost choked on the apple I was eating. It's 11:40. Twenty more minutes for midnight and his birthday. I felt panic rise in my body. As Xander tried to reach his hand out for me. I avoided it and quickly stood up and banged my hands on the table. I could see the confusion in Xander's face which turned into a frown as I said my words

"Hurry up you need to leave tonight it's the perfect opportunity"

He didn't look convinced by my behaviour and said

"What's with the rush?"

I couldn't think much of an excuse so I told him that it's risky for him to stay because Adrain might have sensed him earlier and it is better to leave now. I definitely can't wait for him to turn 18 and know that I am his mate.

He sighed deeply and said "promise me after I end this war you'll let me help you and stay by my side"

I was little confused but brushed it off and nodded as yes. And he started to make his way towards the with me behind him. I think the left side of border will have the least amount of gaurds for I asked him to follow me. I shifted into my wolf who was pained to part with his beloved mate. Xander started stayed in his human form and started following me. It only took about ten minutes to reach the border. I shifted back to my human and explained to Xander how he can cross the territory from here.

He was listening all well until he started staring directly into my eyes. That's when I felt his pheromones getting stronger and his eyes turning golden.

Shit- I finally get it he is one those very few rare alphas who fully mature at age 18. And that's what makes them more powerful and dominating.

I soon felt a harsh grip on sides of my and sparks erupted throughout my body. My nose was overwhelmed by the scent of forest and roses. I trembled a little but slowly calmed myself.

I looked him in the eyes and he looked furious. Is he mad that I am his mate?

I tried brushing his arms off but his grip was way too tight.

"Stop it you are hurting my arms" I sneered

" Why? You knew it from the start didn't you? Do you don't like me? He said moving his away and pushing his fingers through his hair.

I was taken aback for a second but soon replied."Look you need to leave now. It's not the right time to discuss this you still have something you want to achieve right?"

"You - fine if you want I'll leave but remember my words I will come back" he growled and started shifting into his wolf. It a little longer this time and I could hear his bones cracking. It might hurt a lot more.

Soon he turned into a dark shiny black wolf. But it was much larger than what I saw last time. The wolf looked at me once as if sad to leave me. But it is just probably the newly found mate bond.

I guess soon he will he much better .................. Without me. I stood there until I saw the wolf disappear into the darkness.

I felt something crawl down my face and soon realised I was crying. It was the end of my one sided love story with my mate. My wolf kept begging me to follow my mate and leave with him. But I ignored all the urges and kept walking towards my cabin.