༺ 2 ༻

Would I recommend anyone to fall asleep in the library accidentally? Absolutely not. Did I make that mistake and that is why I am speaking about it? Absolutely yes. In the morning I found myself with my head on the wooden table of the restricted section, a drooly mess, and a horrible back pain. Thank Merlin I was woken up by Madam Pince who was quite worried about me sleeping in the library.

"You'll catch a cold the first week into the school year, dear," Madam Pince put her hand around my shoulder, "Good thing I woke up early this morning, you still have an hour to get ready."

"Thank you, Madam Pince," I smiled sluggishly, "I think I'll head back to the common room. See you later in the evening, though."

As I took one last look at the kind librarian, I opened the heavy front door and went down to the Slytherin common room. On the way there, I couldn't help but admire the hallways of the old school lit by the morning autumn sun. Hogwarts really did feel like home.

"Pure-blood," I whispered the password to the entrance of the Slytherin common room which was lit by two green fire-emitting torches, "Never liked that password."

It's not as if I hated pure-bloods or was a half-blood myself, however, it never felt right to label people and categorize them. I, myself, was a pure-blood, but never fancied ranking others above or below myself based on what blood they carried in their veins.

Carried away and lost in thought, I didn't pay much attention to the weird looks given to me by all who were present in the common room. I simply put my bag on the small black leather sofa and turned away to go upstairs to the dorms to tidy myself up and look presentable enough for the school day.

"Hopefully the bathroom is not occupied," I thought to myself yawning, not even noticing a pair of gray eyes staring in my direction.

✧༺♡༻✧

"Look who it is!" I heard identical voices exclaim as I sat by the Slytherin table eating sandwiches served for breakfast.

I felt the two sides of my seat lower as I looked up to see the very pair of red-headed set of twins grinning at me mischievously.

"Good morning to you too, Weasleys," I answered lightheartedly putting the sandwich down, "What's been up with you two?"

"So," Fred started smirking at his brother who was seated on the left of me.

"With the brilliant minds that we have," George continued his twin's sentence clasping his hands together.

"And of course, yours as well," Fred noted with a sarcastic serious tone, "You ready for the grant reveal?"

"Hurry it up, I have potions," I answered tiredly from switching from looking at one than the other, "What did you think of?"

"We collectively decided to create our own product we can sell that would allow students in this school to skip classes for free," both of them answered in unison formally.

"But of course, all of this was thought out just because we think all of us need the money," George said smirking at the both of us.

"And since you, our dearest friend: Y/N, are great with potions, you can help us make that happen," Fred continued George's sentence for him enthusiastically.

"You in?" both of them asked putting their right hands forward as if expecting me to shake them.

"What's it for me?" I asked drinking down my orange juice with a small smirk, "Surely, you must promise that some of the money must go to the creator of the product."

"Money isn't the only concern of ours, sweetheart," Fred smirked and flicked my forehead.

"To add to my dear brother," George said devilishly, "We are in on this for the fun of it." 

"Then I'm in," I replied casually feeling a blush creeping on my face, "However, I'm sorry to disappoint that I have a potions class to attend."

I stood up from my seat fixing my grey cardigan and slung my heavy bag over my shoulder, "See you at lunch."

As I walked down the Great Hall to the exit, I heard the two red-headed twins high-five each other in enthusiasm and hurry to their respective tables of Gryffindor. Those two never fail to set my day to a positive mood. We have been friends with each other since my second year of studying at Hogwarts. I got acquainted with them during the quidditch tryouts, which I failed miserably to pass. They helped me learn how the game works and what I could work on to at least get into the team for the next year. With their help, of course, I got into the team and kept in touch with them ever since.

I turned around the final corner to the potion's classroom and almost got knocked over. As I opened my eyes, thankful the impact never happened, I, unfortunately, saw a slightly irritating Slytherin staring at me with a hint of surprise plastered on his face.

"Sorry about that," I mumbled unconsciously completely forgetting the guy in front of me was infamous for his rude behavior toward literally everyone.

In year 3, Malfoy made a sick inappropriate joke about me and the Weasley twins which resulted in me despising his whole being for the rest of the school year. He was famous for his multiple talents like "being an ass" or "being an annoying git" to everyone. It was childish of me to hang onto that one remark of his in year 3 as a reason to hate him, however, it was well deserved. 

"Y/N L/N, right?" Malfoy looked at me coldly, "Your name, I mean."

"Yeah, good ol' me," I chuckled sarcastically trying to lift the tension between us. Surely I'd bore him and he'd leave me alone. 

"Where were you last night?" Malfoy kept his cold gaze and tone, "You came in very early in the morning, and as a prefect, I must know why. Seems to me, you are breaking rules and should be given the according punishment for it."

My lighthearted smile dropped at this notice, so I crossed my hands in front of my chest and glared back at him through my knitted eyebrows.

"I don't think that concerns you, Malfoy," I said with a serious yet a slightly mocking manner, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have potions to attend to. I encourage you to get to class too as well. Don't want any cold stares from Snape, do you?"

I passed by him going straight into the potions classroom feeling a bit annoyed at the possibility of getting caught post-curfew by a blonde rat-looking nuisance. I wouldn't live another day without going to the library once. It wasn't packed, no one yelled at the top of their lungs or threw hexed paper planes at everyone. It was easy to study there, unlike in the common room, where it was easy to get terrorized by the Slytherin third-years.

As I sat down taking the necessary books and quills out of my shoulder bag, Malfoy entered the classroom eyeing me suspiciously. His face grimaced at me as if to warn me to watch it before he caught me red-handed out in the hallways. However, I didn't feel intimidated. I decided to purposefully stay in the library for as long as I can just to get under his skin. I chuckled to myself at the thought.

Not like he is ever catching me anyway.

✧༺♡༻✧