༺ 9 ༻

See, the problem with Draco Malfoy is that he is notoriously known as the Slytherin who will go out of his way to unnecessarily disregard someone, poke fun at them, make someone's life a living hell, or even do something as petty as demand his homework done by first or second years. The man is a walking menace, so to speak. 

So it would be logical for me to pace around this wonderful Saturday afternoon contemplating whether he was serious about us; if there even is us to begin with, there is. Maybe he was simply playing with me, and the next thing I know, he'd make a fool out of me in front of everyone. However, his hinting at being mildly interested in me in more than a 'friends' or 'acquaintances' relationship way, proved otherwise. 

Obviously, being the fool that I am, I found discussing the matter with the Weasley twins would be an ideal solution to my dilemma. But they can never be of any help, can they? In return, all that I heard come out of their mouths were profanities and jokes about how low my standards and taste are regarding men. 

The only useful sentence they managed to formulate with their combined limited brain capacity was: "If he even dares pull something inadequate other than you that night, he will have to make time for a formal conversation with our fists." 

This is exactly why I love them. 

Nevertheless, I wasn't too sure about their suggestion as they then told me about a plan they had. The plan was; let me quote again: 

"To bust up Umbridge and the OWLs next week with a grand firework show!" 

"You two are the most almost insane couple of people who'd do something as stupid as that," I said, but continued, "Which is exactly why you have my full support and assistance."

"That's the spirit!" Fred exclaimed tugging at my shoulder, "But you'll have to come up with a spell or something to make the fireworks work." 

"I'll have to check it out in the library in the evening then," I said excited about the plan, "I'm so in for not taking those exams, even if it means expulsion." 

"Hold up, what about the blondie?" George queried, "Don't you like, have a date with him there today?" 

I sat upright uncomfortably, "Well, I guess..." 

"Don't worry about it," Fred said, "You can find the spell and whatnot later!" 

"Yep," George nodded, "What matters are you figuring your own and his feelings out. We can't have a sentimental subordinate on the team." 

"What he said," the other twin agreed with his brother, "Last time I checked, Malfoy was one of Umbridge's guard dogs. If you manage to swipe him off his feet, we can get away with this plan." 

I thought thoroughly about it. Surely, I could manage to convince Malfoy to make Umbridge stay away from the Weasleys for a week. That way, the Weasleys can finally leave this shithole for good. 

"All right then," I said confidently, "Deal. But if that dickhead does anything that will make me even an inch sad, you have to promise to blow his head up as well." 

"Not a problem," both of them said enthusiastically. 

✧༺♡༻✧

"I will never figure out why you insist on hanging out with those ginger meatheads," Draco appeared at the usual spot we hang out at in the library. 

After all, I mustered up the courage to show up and clear up some things. I decided that whether he did see me in a romantic light or not, and if the feeling was indeed mutual like he implied, I'd carry myself with confidence.