༺ 6 ༻

"That joke of a bad pink job just gave me detention!" I half yelled storming into the restricted section where I and Draco would meet every day.

After the Christmas holidays, meeting him in the restricted section of the library has become an inseparable part of my day. It was a mutual agreement to see each other after classes so I tutor him for the OWLs. It was just recently that Draco randomly acknowledged that he might fail an exam or two if he didn't work hard for the next semester. And now, somehow, it was my responsibility to prevent anything like that from happening to him.

"What for?" Draco answered with a bored facial expression his eyes glued to a book, "Hope she caught you getting on Filch's last nerve with the Weasleys."

"And I hope you get over the invisible rivalry with Weasleys one day," I sighed and slid into a seat next to him, "And for your information; I got detention because of your blonde scrawny ass."

This seemed to have caught Draco's attention, "Whatever did I do?"

"There is this new stupid rule that girls and boys aren't allowed to be next to each other within a 6-inch range," I started explaining, "And apparently, she didn't appreciate you trying to hex my hair during lunch."

"My bad," Draco said with a chuckle turning to the next page of the book he was reading.

"What are you reading anyway?" I asked trying to get a closer look at the book by getting closer to Draco.

Draco took his gaze off the book to look at me. He flinched at the closeness between us so he backed away immediately with a red hue covering his nose and cheeks.

"Uh, your favorite, I suppose," he looked down at the 'Eros' book which was now on the page about the story of Eros and Psyche.

"Eros and Psyche, huh?" I cringed recognizing the few sentences I managed to read, "I don't like that one."

"Why? Figured since this book's your favorite, you wouldn't dislike anything from it," Draco looked at me confused.

"The thing is, I love this book because of its cover, not its contents," I replied nonchalantly.

"You are quite weird, you know?" Draco mumbled to himself closing the book and putting it in its place, "Are you going to the party on the 14th?"

"The Valentine's party?" I asked trying to estimate the advantages and the disadvantages of attending the party the Slytherins were going to host secretly.

It was secret because if Umbridge were to find out anything about a party with the whole school dancing in the common room of Slytherin, she surely would turn the school upside down. Personally, I didn't quite enjoy the idea of a party being held in the middle of the night with raging hormonal teenage wizards and witches on the loose who can't keep it in their pants. Logically, I favored not going.

"I think I'd rather stay in the restricted area for a slumber party with madam Pince," I said with a chuckle lazily putting my head on my hand.

"Why not, though? They say it's going to be fun," Draco tried to convince me, "I heard it's only accessible for Slytherins this year. Can't risk any low-life selling us out to Umbridge, can we?"

"Why'd you care if I came anyway?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"I simply like the idea of having an intellectual to chat with while my idiots of friends act like the last gits on Earth," Draco replied with a frown remembering how awful Crabbe and Goyle were last year after two bottles of beer each, "And you, L/N, are the only intellectual that comes to mind."

"I am flattered," I said sarcastically looking at him, "But it's simply going to benefit you only."

"Why only me though?" Draco asked turning his whole body toward me, "You need to take a break from all the studying you do once in a while, besides, you won't die from boredom."